The Voynich Ninja
Why the auto-copying hypothesis is not valid? - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Voynich Talk (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-6.html)
+--- Thread: Why the auto-copying hypothesis is not valid? (/thread-1514.html)

Pages: 1 2

RE: Why the auto-copying hypothesis is not valid? - stellar - 11-03-2017

(11-03-2017, 12:06 AM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(09-02-2017, 05:01 AM)stellar Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view....

Plus why would the Author of the VMS use the same glyphs for chives and fishes which fit into a strategy to setup a decoding process for the VMS.  The Author obviously intended to do what I have demonstrated here in this image below.

You appear to be assuming the labels are nouns. There's no proof that they are. The same glyphs would be used if they were both classified as "water" or male/female, or if they were both governed by the same planet or any of the other Galenesque designations popular in the middle ages.

You also assume 1) the glyphs have to be converted to numbers 2) which are then added, 3) which are then associated with a pre-chosen language without sufficient proof that it is in fact underlying the system, and 4) which are then turned into words on the basis of subjective guesses. This is a four-step process that is unproven and essentially a one-way cipher.

You can't use a system with low plausibility to disprove a completely different theory.

@JKP

Thanks for your optimism(sarcasm of course) and your opinion.  JKP the more data that shows words that fit the model of the VMS the greater I feel I have the cipher and from what I know about astrology, astronomy and how the water lily paragraph turned out the translation from Middle English I'm excited what the programmer and I will accomplish.

As much as you say this is a one way cipher that does not discount that this is the one the Author intended and regarding nouns,  I have witnessed that that the prefixes are common for the labels which could indicate the syntax for nouns of the similar glyph s employed.

Last but not least my cipher indicates English words formed from Middel English and yes Middle in Middel English is spelled this way so the error in the 67r2 still works out.  I have sold several books and many people are coming around to my method of translating the voynich.  I'M VERY HAPPY AND EXCITED!

[Image: image.jpg?q=f67r1_2-1088.7999877929688-1...88-860-177]

[Image: f67r2.png]

[Image: 123.png]

RE: Why the auto-copying hypothesis is not valid? - Koen G - 11-03-2017

Stellar, you also sold books about your previous methods, which you now completely abandoned. If anything you should feel sorry for the people who unknowingly payed for something even the author finds nonsense. 

Also JKP is right, it's a one way cipher. The reason why you are finding more and more "translations" is that your method will let you do whatever you want. Used modern English and people tell you that's impossible for a medieval work? No problem, it also works in Middle English. And it would also work in Inuit and Klingon. Used modern star names instead of appropriate ones? No problem. Messed up the location of consellations? Nothing that can't be helped.

If the text remained the same but all images were replaced by cat pictures, you could make it be about cats. No problem. Or pies or shoes or Donald Trump or yourself. Whatever you want.

Since your method allows for so many different solutions, it can't be used to prove or disprove anything, including the auto-copying hypothesis. It is basically a word game that does not advance our understanding of the manuscript one bit.

Now don't take this personal, this is about methodology, not about you. You're a decent guy. But if people's methods are flawed, it is our job as a community to point out those flaws.

RE: Why the auto-copying hypothesis is not valid? - stellar - 11-03-2017

(11-03-2017, 04:22 AM)Koen Gh. Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Stellar, you also sold books about your previous methods, which you now completely abandoned. If anything you should feel sorry for the people who unknowingly payed for something even the author finds nonsense. 

Also JKP is right, it's a one way cipher. The reason why you are finding more and more "translations" is that your method will let you do whatever you want. Used modern English and people tell you that's impossible for a medieval work? No problem, it also works in Middle English. And it would also work in Inuit and Klingon. Used modern star names instead of appropriate ones? No problem. Messed up the location of consellations? Nothing that can't be helped.

If the text remained the same but all images were replaced by cat pictures, you could make it be about cats. No problem. Or pies or shoes or Donald Trump or yourself. Whatever you want.

Since your method allows for so many different solutions, it can't be used to prove or disprove anything, including the auto-copying hypothesis. It is basically a word game that does not advance our understanding of the manuscript one bit.

Now don't take this personal, this is about methodology, not about you. You're a decent guy. But if people's methods are flawed, it is our job as a community to point out those flaws.

Proof is in the Zodiac and stars more will be revealed when the programmer and I are finished with entire manuscript!  Koen would you at least be interested in the result if we do find proper syntax and grammar for the entire VMS when we are done and like a  special viewing?