The Voynich Ninja
[split] Bax' label readings and "labelese" - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Analysis of the text (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: [split] Bax' label readings and "labelese" (/thread-1502.html)

Pages: 1 2 3

RE: [split] Bax' label readings and "labelese" - ReneZ - 06-02-2017

Not sure where the term 'labelese' comes from, but this is not what I meant.
There are plenty of words in the MS that do not fit the various different versions of the word pattern that people have identified over the years.
I don't think that these are especially concentrated in the labels, or at least the vast majority of the labels are perfectly normal "Voynichese" words.

RE: [split] Bax' label readings and "labelese" - Koen G - 06-02-2017

I've seen Pelling use the word once and I thought it looked useful Big Grin

I am not certain about either possibility, but it's a hypothesis that appears from time to time, that labels and words that appear on certain places in paragraphs (first line?) may be just words, while paragraphs contain both words and "something else".

An explanation like this might help approaches like Bax' along, since they start by focusing on labels and high prominence words in paragraphs. My guess is that whole paragraphs will be harder to understand since a substitution approach might not work there.

RE: [split] Bax' label readings and "labelese" - -JKP- - 06-02-2017

(06-02-2017, 02:38 PM)VViews Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi MarcoP,
I really meant no offence to you or Stephen Bax and apologize sincerely if my remarks here were inappropriate.

You didn't say anything offensive and you have no need to apologize. Forumites should be as free to comment on Bax's logic and theories as any other and it worries me when I see people tip-toeing around this issue.

Just because someone gets a lot of publicity should not give them special immunity as far as discussing their research. If one is dedicated to the truth and looking for answers, then everyone's ideas should be given fair and reasonable evaluation against objective measures.

RE: [split] Bax' label readings and "labelese" - stellar - 06-02-2017

Let us take a look at the shape so we can determine, just what Pleiade looks like.  It looks like a kite can we at-least agree here on that statement and in the Voynich there a string as a sine wave extending from what I call Alnitak as a kite.  Alnitak is in the belt of Orion which does point to pleiade.  Also Aldebaran is always on the bottom so for me the 3rd label for tauris should be the star to the left of pleiade.  I realize you all don't agree with my cipher but that is what I have found.

[Image: image.jpg?q=f68v2_3-1195.4000244140625-2...72-237-270]

[Image: aldebaran-hyades-pleiades_2100-120816.png?w=595]

RE: [split] Bax' label readings and "labelese" - -JKP- - 07-02-2017

Quote:stellar
Let us take a look at the shape so we can determine, just what Pleiade looks like.  It looks like a kite can we at-least agree here on that statement and in the Voynich there a string as a sine wave extending from what I call Alnitak as a kite.  Alnitak is in the belt of Orion which does point to pleiade.  Also Aldebaran is always on the bottom so for me the 3rd label for tauris should be the star to the left of pleiade.  I realize you all don't agree with my cipher but that is what I have found.

There are actually two "kite strings" near Alcyone, in Pleiades, and they don't extend very far in relation to other constellations such as Orion.

It might be easier to visualize the relationship of Pleiades to Taurus with a picture (it's on the upper right, near the shoulder of the bull) and I've added star names so it's easier to see which ones form the "seven sisters".

[Image: PleiadesForm.png]

Taurus constellation courtesy of bibliotecapleyades.net