The Voynich Ninja
Hidden notes of the VMs - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: Hidden notes of the VMs (/thread-1319.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4

Hidden notes of the VMs - Searcher - 25-12-2016

As my site with the article, where the theme of the hidden notes and images in the VMs was observed, doesn't work now, I've decided to place it here, with updates and corrections. The aim is to put together all existed hidden and illegible notes, pictures or symbols of the VMs, ; to systematize and to analyse them. As well, it is necessary to know, why they are here and why they are hidden.
I think that revealing of these notes is a very important task. Who knows, maybe, they include a name of the author or a date of the VMs originating, or some sacral symbols, which could explain the nature of the content. For now, unfortunately, there is no progress in proof of my and others's discoveries in this area, also there is no agreement in reading of the suspected notes, but I have a huge hope that the day of  the "official revealing" will come sooner or later. 
1. The first item in my list is the inscription in the left top corner of the Rosettes page (f86r). It was discovered by others before me and, later, by myself independently. 
a) this fragment, edited in a few ways, with and without photofilters
[Image: attachment.php?aid=962]
b) this fragment in original look (1) and its interpretation (2, 3-4)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=963]
The last level of the interpretation was shown on my site, but I haven't include it here since it is too obscure and doubtful, although I believe it is present.
2. The notes in the right low corner of the Rosettes page (f86r).
a) the fragment of the original image
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1038]
b) the edited fragment with changing of the lightening ranges
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1037]
c) the tables with this fragment edited with different methods 
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1034]   [Image: attachment.php?aid=1035]
d) the table containing the original image (1) and the interpreted one (2-3) (with burned lines)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1036]
3. The faded inscription (letter/symbol) in the right low corner of the Rosettes page (f86r). It was discovered and discussed many times. Many of us considered it the capital letter "M". This letter can mean many different abbreviations, therefore, even, if this is the mentioned one, it doesn't clarify the issue, but, there really is one more letter after it, it can be a hint.
a) the edited fragment with the "M" 
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1030]
b) the mentioned "M' in comparison with "M"s of the Codex Sang. 754
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1028]
c) the fragment showing some letters (abbreviation?) next to the "M" with my interpretation (the last image)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1029]
4. The first page (f1r) of the VMs, top right corner. The illegible notes/ symbols/ image.
a) the edited fragment (1-2) and my interpretation with burned lines (3)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1027]
5. The notes on the figure on the f85v. Thanks to JKP for paying attention to it. JKP, even, if you are still doubt in its existing or in the reading, I find it to be very important for continuation of my examination on the hidden images of the VMs.
a) the edited fragment of the f85v
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1031]
b) the next levels of correction (changed lightening ranges, photofilters) and my vision (the left low image)
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1032]
c) the edited fragment with the suspected word in latin letters on the hand of the figure (1) and the two versions of my interpretation (2-3). The last letter/ symbol is not usual ("bird-glyph?), but, as I think, it substitutes by itself the letter "r"
[Image: attachment.php?aid=1033]
In conclusion, I need to say that, as much as I see and understand it, the author of these notes often uses capital letters (in the begining of a word, a whole word, a separate letter). So, I'd say that this is a main difference between them and the visible marginalia. I'd note that the handwriting differs, as well.
The hidden notes could be divided in two categories: letters and symbols (sigils?) The letters are Latin, the symbols are not usual for alchemical or habitual magical sigils. I can only suppose that they are personal author's sigils or unknown to us symbols.

RE: Hidden notes of the VMs - davidjackson - 25-12-2016

Thanks searcher but some of your images don't work.

RE: Hidden notes of the VMs - Searcher - 25-12-2016

(25-12-2016, 10:15 PM)davidjackson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thanks searcher but some of your images don't work.
Thanks, David! Please, write, which of them, because I see all my images here. I' ll try to change something, maybe, just will attach them exactly to the post.

RE: Hidden notes of the VMs - Koen G - 25-12-2016

I can only see the two first images, those in section 1 of your post.

RE: Hidden notes of the VMs - VViews - 25-12-2016

Same as Koen Gh...

RE: Hidden notes of the VMs - Searcher - 25-12-2016

Must work now.

RE: Hidden notes of the VMs - Davidsch - 26-12-2016

@searcher: very nice work.

Especially

Quote:d) the table containing the original image (1) and the interpreted one (2-3) (with burned lines)

looks a bit artificial. What is the position of this on the Rosette?

Quote:As my site with the article,

Eh, what is your site, or where is that full article?

NB
Coincidently , the subject of my study at the moment relates to the initials AR as follows: Oresme-> Buridan-> Albert von Rickmersdorf (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.).
I tried to find his original autograph but did not succeed yet.

RE: Hidden notes of the VMs - Searcher - 26-12-2016

Hi David!
Quote:looks a bit artificial. What is the position of this on the Rosette?
It is You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..
Quote:Coincidently , the subject of my study at the moment relates to the initials AR as follows: Oresme-> Buridan-> Albert von Rickmersdorf (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.).
Ah, I understand your interest exactly in this person. It is quite interesting coincidence  Cool  Although I have another opinion, I don't exclude such a possibility.
Quote:Eh, what is your site, or where is that full article?
My site doesn't work, because of problems with the hoster. Well, it was a site for free, so... I've saved my articles partially, but the rest was lost. 
Anyway, I will add more information with time.

RE: Hidden notes of the VMs - ThomasCoon - 27-12-2016

Searcher this is a wonderful contribution. Now only if the VMS writer hid a key somewhere! Big Grin

The "Terra Rasa" note is very interesting - "cleared Earth" ?

RE: Hidden notes of the VMs - davidjackson - 27-12-2016

Quote: The "Terra Rasa" note is very interesting - "cleared Earth" ?

Razed earth, surely?