The Voynich Ninja
The Voynich Pipes - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: The Voynich Pipes (/thread-1161.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

RE: The Voynich Pipes - Searcher - 17-10-2021

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: The Voynich Pipes - Searcher - 17-10-2021

RE: The Voynich Pipes - Anton - 17-10-2021

Yes, we discussed lunar mansions above in the thread. The problem is that there is no Moon!

RE: The Voynich Pipes - Searcher - 18-10-2021

(17-10-2021, 04:26 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Yes, we discussed lunar mansions above in the thread. The problem is that there is no Moon!
Yes, there was also a post on Stephen Bax's site where it was mentioned. 
Why is this a problem, if there is no Moon? 

RE: The Voynich Pipes - Anton - 18-10-2021

(18-10-2021, 01:14 PM)Searcher Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Why is this a problem, if there is no Moon? 

The problem literally is not simply in that there's no Moon, but that there's some other celestial body in the focus of this chart instead.

Quote:You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

This is Alchandrus, subdividing Zodiac signs into groupings of two or three sub-signs, something quite unlike the Voynich pipes with their 14/14 regularity

RE: The Voynich Pipes - Searcher - 24-10-2021

(18-10-2021, 08:10 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.This is Alchandrus, subdividing Zodiac signs into groupings of two or three sub-signs, something quite unlike the Voynich pipes with their 14/14 regularity
I'm sorry for the late answer. 
Those subdivisions (sub-signs) are right the lunar mansions. In that MS, they are 27, as some astrological schools count 28, another ones - 27 mansions. I agree that 14/14 regularity is rather strange for mansions, unfortunately, the good/bad mansion sequence usually also differs. 
I have a question: if those 28 pipes mean 28 days of Saturn, what the labels in the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. diagram could mean?

RE: The Voynich Pipes - Anton - 24-10-2021

I have only a general idea of referenced objects, e.g. each year is associated to a plant (if it's the cycle of Saturn, then those would be years, not days). Or maybe just some fancy names for those.

However what looks strange to me is these pipe (or nail?) shapes. Why pipes? If one can find any link between Saturn (or other planet) with winds, that might be a good clue.

If not winds, then what? The internals of the pipes are painted green. Supposing (from the Balneo pages) that green represents water/liquid, what would be pipes originating in the sky and conducting liquid?

RE: The Voynich Pipes - Anton - 24-10-2021

I just counted the number of asterisks surrounding the eight-pointed star, and interestingly it equals 52 which is the number of weeks in a year.

RE: The Voynich Pipes - Linda - 24-10-2021

To me the tubes show water levels and denote movement thereof, perhaps ebb and flood tides. This would be analogous with quire 13 use of tubes as rivers and springs, especially the ones held vertically, which i take to mean flood-prone, or at least that floods have occurred. 

Green water on the insides of the tubes suggest sea water to me, as opposed to lake water. But the outsides being more blue might mean they thought influx of fresh water might be involved, ie the cavern idea.

Medieval understanding of tides was incomplete but was linked to the moon, although some thought the sun, or the general turning of the heavens was involved. the latter seems to be portrayed here. 

i think the next drawing considers waves. Not sure of the third one but i would think it also discusses water movements.