The Voynich Ninja
bathing architecture in f78v - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: bathing architecture in f78v (/thread-1050.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

RE: bathing architecture in f78v - MarcoP - 02-05-2018

(30-04-2018, 06:11 PM)davidjackson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Note the "windows" which actually appear to be water spouts carrying away the excess water from the baths.

Upon further examination, I don't believe You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. represents water sprouts: they seem to me small arches decorating and/or supporting the walls of the pool. The detail is clearer in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.. The "windows" in the VMS could be something similar, but the central circles remain unexplained.

RE: bathing architecture in f78v - davidjackson - 02-05-2018

Could be, could be. As natural springs  the constant filling of the baths would require some prominent way for the water to flow away  Normally this is an important feature, as the further up the flow you were  the higher your social status. Etc. 
It would be worthwhile comparing this image with other ones from the manuscript tradition to see if the feature is continuous.

RE: bathing architecture in f78v - MarcoP - 03-05-2018

This is the second illustration in the work (the "Sulphatara" bath).

I have been unable to find the illustration in BNF Lat.8161 (1350). The manuscript is possibly incomplete. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Angelica 1292 ca You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

BAV Ross.379 1350 ca You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Bodmer Cod.135 1360 ca   You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

BNF Fr.1313 1392 ca You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Morgan G74 1400 ca You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Valence Ms.838 before 1494 You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Composite image here;
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
This was rather time consuming. I hope it helps.

RE: bathing architecture in f78v - davidjackson - 03-05-2018

Very interesting Marco! 
Ross 379 shows a clear deviation from the manuscript tradition.
But I agree none of them show flowing water.

RE: bathing architecture in f78v - Koen G - 03-05-2018

Just out of curiosity, if you look at the human figures, which MS reminds you guys most of the VM "nymphs"? Even though all of them differ, I feel like there is one a bit more like it.

RE: bathing architecture in f78v - Davidsch - 04-05-2018

It can be noticed that not only the "windows" are exactly the same as in the VMS (see my previous remark) 

but also the bellows used for heating the bath fire can be clearly seen in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..

Which remind me of be the flower bellow displayed in the VMS. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

RE: bathing architecture in f78v - MarcoP - 04-03-2019

Not sure where to post this. It's the project of a fountain where girls can bath without being seen.
Giovanni / Johannes <de Fontana>: Bellicorum instrumentorum liber cum figuris - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., Venice, 1420 - 1430

RE: bathing architecture in f78v - Koen G - 04-03-2019

Nice! What kind of script is that in the second paragraph?

RE: bathing architecture in f78v - -JKP- - 05-03-2019

(04-03-2019, 09:27 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Nice! What kind of script is that in the second paragraph?

It's a simple cipher. There are more folios with the cipher.

RE: bathing architecture in f78v - MarcoP - 05-03-2019

(04-03-2019, 09:27 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Nice! What kind of script is that in the second paragraph?

Hi Koen,
I came to know of this manuscript in 2014, thanks to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., but of course it has been mentioned by several researchers. Giovanni Fontana also has his own You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.. He clearly is relevant to the VMS, since his works are so close in time and some of them (like this one) are illustrated manuscripts mostly written in an invented alphabet.