The Voynich Ninja
ninja logo is a Clock - Printable Version

+- The Voynich Ninja (https://www.voynich.ninja)
+-- Forum: Voynich Research (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-27.html)
+--- Forum: Imagery (https://www.voynich.ninja/forum-43.html)
+--- Thread: ninja logo is a Clock (/thread-1022.html)

Pages: 1 2

ninja logo is a Clock - stellar - 02-11-2016

I played around with the Sun on f67r1 and used Welsh, English and Roman Numerals and it's interpreted to me as a 24 hour period Clock.

[Image: sunclock.png?w=840]

RE: ninja logo is a Clock - Witch Mountain - 02-11-2016

Dearest Stellar, what is the reason for encoding a clock? Why would it need to be secret?

RE: ninja logo is a Clock - Emma May Smith - 02-11-2016

Why has the writer used the nasal mutation forms for four and ten but the radical form for twelve and the h-form for twenty?

RE: ninja logo is a Clock - stellar - 03-11-2016

(02-11-2016, 08:17 PM)Witch Mountain Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Dearest Stellar, what is the reason for encoding a clock? Why would it need to be secret?

Good question! I'm associating this as a timing piece, because its the Sun and the combined white triangles(with stars) and blue triangles count to 24.  The Red spikes could relate to a Zodiac not sure yet.
Here is a Clock in Croatia, Split Tower Clock:
[Image: splitcrociaclock.jpg?w=840]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[Image: l1040335.jpg]

RE: ninja logo is a Clock - Witch Mountain - 03-11-2016

Incredibly dear stellar, who knows?! Maybe you have solved the Voynich manuscript! But Emma's question is very relevant because Welsh uses different cases. Dearest Emma, correct me if I'm wrong but the mutation forms would only be used before specific words like prepositions, right?

RE: ninja logo is a Clock - Emma May Smith - 03-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 02:48 AM)Witch Mountain Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Incredibly dear stellar, who knows?! Maybe you have solved the Voynich manuscript! But Emma's question is very relevant because Welsh uses different cases. Dearest Emma, correct me if I'm wrong but the mutation forms would only be used before specific words like prepositions, right?

Basically, yes. But we can overlook the lack of those (if we want). I simply want them all to be in the same form, or a very good explanation on why they're not. Given that stellar's method produces hundreds of possible matches, we really must ask for accuracy in the ones he chooses.

RE: ninja logo is a Clock - Witch Mountain - 03-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 06:52 PM)Emma May Smith Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(03-11-2016, 02:48 AM)Witch Mountain Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Incredibly dear stellar, who knows?! Maybe you have solved the Voynich manuscript! But Emma's question is very relevant because Welsh uses different cases. Dearest Emma, correct me if I'm wrong but the mutation forms would only be used before specific words like prepositions, right?

Basically, yes. But we can overlook the lack of those (if we want). I simply want them all to be in the same form, or a very good explanation on why they're not. Given that stellar's method produces hundreds of possible matches, we really must ask for accuracy in the ones he chooses.

Thank you dearest Emma.

Dearest Stellar, another question which you will have to answer is: why is there a mix of three languages? Wouldn't it be hard for the author to remember which language he decoded each word in? I am sure you have an answer for this, dearest Stellar!

RE: ninja logo is a Clock - stellar - 03-11-2016

Dear Witch Mountain,

A well known voynichero named Nick Pelling once said the VMS is the Mt. Everest of cipher's meaning the most difficult to break.  I believe John Dee authored the VMS.  John Dee knew several languages and used numerology where every number is reduced to a single digit.  Also the stars in folios, which I decoded would not be in Welsh.  As for the Roman Numerals in the Clock well we know clocks use those.  The majority of vords I have decoded is in Welsh yet with this cipher anomalies will occur. I'm pretty sure the sun represents a clock of 24 hours.  We have the blue triangle spikes representing 12 hours of day light and the white triangles (with stars) representing 12 hours of night.  My only interpretation of the 12 red spikes is of the Zodiac.  So I might check where they point to and see if those vords decode to a Zodiac.

John Dee did annotate a English to Welsh Dictionary:

William Salesbury his Dictionarie in Englishe & Welshe, or Brytishe. 4o London 1547 :

Dee’s copy is now TCD, EE.e.32 (formerly C.10.17). At the head of the titlepage is ‘John Dee’. In the first half of the book, up to sig. K, he extensively annotated and corrected it; in some instances where Salesbury had put words of English origin in the ‘Camraec’ column, Dee supplied a Welsh word and occasionally, where Salesbury left a blank, he supplied an English equivalent. He also corrected equivalents in both languages. Later owned by abp. Ussher. See R. G. Gruffydd and R. J. Roberts, ‘John Dee’s additions to William Salesbury’s Dictionary’, Transactions of the Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion, n.s. 7 (2001), 19–43.  

RE: ninja logo is a Clock - Witch Mountain - 04-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 09:33 PM)stellar Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Dear Witch Mountain,

A well known voynichero named Nick Pelling once said the VMS is the Mt. Everest of cipher's meaning the most difficult to break.  I believe John Dee authored the VMS.  John Dee knew several languages and used numerology where every number is reduced to a single digit.  Also the stars in folios, which I decoded would not be in Welsh.  As for the Roman Numerals in the Clock well we know clocks use those.  The majority of vords I have decoded is in Welsh yet with this cipher anomalies will occur. I'm pretty sure the sun represents a clock of 24 hours.  We have the blue triangle spikes representing 12 hours of day light and the white triangles (with stars) representing 12 hours of night.  My only interpretation of the 12 red spikes is of the Zodiac.  So I might check where they point to and see if those vords decode to a Zodiac.

John Dee did annotate a English to Welsh Dictionary:

William Salesbury his Dictionarie in Englishe & Welshe, or Brytishe. 4o London 1547 :

Dee’s copy is now TCD, EE.e.32 (formerly C.10.17). At the head of the titlepage is ‘John Dee’. In the first half of the book, up to sig. K, he extensively annotated and corrected it; in some instances where Salesbury had put words of English origin in the ‘Camraec’ column, Dee supplied a Welsh word and occasionally, where Salesbury left a blank, he supplied an English equivalent. He also corrected equivalents in both languages. Later owned by abp. Ussher. See R. G. Gruffydd and R. J. Roberts, ‘John Dee’s additions to William Salesbury’s Dictionary’, Transactions of the Honourable Society of Cymmrodorion, n.s. 7 (2001), 19–43.  

What a wonderful hypothesis, most dear Stellar! What wonderful research! But do you think three languages in one clock is likely? Why would Dee not just write Welsh, which would be so very easy?

RE: ninja logo is a Clock - -JKP- - 04-11-2016

(03-11-2016, 09:33 PM)stellar Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Dear Witch Mountain,

A well known voynichero named Nick Pelling once said the VMS is the Mt. Everest of cipher's meaning the most difficult to break.  I believe John Dee authored the VMS.  ’.

If all your assumptions are based on the foundation-assumption that John Dee authored the manuscript, then you will have to convince people that the signposts of age (both visual and physical) are wrong and that it was created more than a century later than it appears (and tests).

It's not just a matter of saying the parchment could have been around for a while before it was used, there are many other indicators of early 15th-century origin that cannot be explained by simply saying the vellum lay unused in a chest for 150 years.