The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: f67v1 The four Seasons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I looked at the image and thought four seasons and went through decoding it with my cipher.  Magic happened!

[Image: seasons.jpg?w=840]
(26-09-2016, 08:17 AM)stellar Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I looked at the image and thought four seasons and went through decoding it with my cipher.  Magic happened!

Tom, what about all the other fours, nines, sevens, and twos on this page (and on other pages that are divided into four sections)? Do they also mean mid-winter, autumn, vernal equinox, and summer solstice?
(27-09-2016, 01:48 AM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(26-09-2016, 08:17 AM)stellar Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I looked at the image and thought four seasons and went through decoding it with my cipher.  Magic happened!

Tom, what about all the other fours, nines, sevens, and twos on this page (and on other pages that are divided into four sections)? Do they also mean mid-winter, autumn, vernal equinox, and summer solstice?
Ground Rules:

1)  As I have said in the past I can't decode voynich tokens which are within phrases or sentences.  I'm strictly going by labels and imagery using a one word voynich token, because I feel more than one voynich word token in a row is not possible right now.  On top of that there must be a theme related to the imagery.  What I see here are divider marks on the four corners where the green spikes, point to 2 Moons and 2 Suns near the labels.  Both moons are full 1 is related to a vernal full moon and the other a harvest moon.  Plus the moons and suns are equal distances from each other and the voynich token have borders within this imagery.  The Summer Sun is large meaning warm where as the Winter Sun is small for cold.  The labels I used in f67v1 are confined as quarter marks pointing to the celestial bodies.

2)  The voynich cipher is consistent in addition to form a word from the glyph's.

3)  The numerology word equivalent  is consistent in adding up a word equal to a voynich word token label.

4)  Every image associated with a label will have unique properties so the imagery is not static.

NOTE:  

An example for decoding a voynich cipher if it were to be used for keeping secrets: 

Possible decryption process which could have been used by the Author of the VMS.  These encrypted messages would be sent by Currier.  1st a random sheet of words would be mailed that follow the shared numerology chart. 2nd each voynich word token is listed as a number in the 5 column set as the cipher below and is sent as voynich word tokens, then the key is sent later in anagram form.  The numbers for the cipher are actually represented by voynich tokens as the cipher(IE.). Then the receiver uses the sheet for translation of the anagrams for the encoded VMS token words.

The Cipher:

The Anagram Key:

Het, cta, no, eht, foor

The cipher and key use numerology an so the decoded message reads as this:

The cat on the roof.

6)  We all don't have that dictionary unless which I think John Dee may have it in his Library; that is where the search should begin to prove my method.  Therefore no phrases or sentences can be decoded yet!

addendum:  When something screams out at you like this being a possible signature take a chance:
Hi Stellar,

You have a very interesting method, and congratulations on your work so far! It has been very interesting to read.

My only question is about the possibility of multiple interpretations - we know that a solution works if it produces only one possible answer, but if we can use the same method and get multiple possible interpretations, then the method may need revision because we can make the text say nearly anything.

For example, there is a well-known phrase in cryptographic challenges: "You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.". Using your method (if I understand it correctly), I believe I can decipher the same labels on this page to read "Squeamish Ossifrage: Magical Words" (read clockwise from top):

[Image: attachment.php?aid=677]

So you see, you have a very interesting method (I enjoyed reading about it), but maybe there could be another way that gives more precise meanings?
(28-09-2016, 09:12 PM)ThomasCoon Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi Stellar,

You have a very interesting method, and congratulations on your work so far! It has been very interesting to read.

My only question is about the possibility of multiple interpretations - we know that a solution works if it produces only one possible answer, but if we can use the same method and get multiple possible interpretations, then the method may need revision because we can make the text say nearly anything.

For example, there is a well-known phrase in cryptographic challenges: "You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.". Using your method (if I understand it correctly), I believe I can decipher the same labels on this page to read "Squeamish Ossifrage: Magical Words" (read clockwise from top):

[Image: attachment.php?aid=677]

So you see, you have a very interesting method (I enjoyed reading about it), but maybe there could be another way that gives more precise meanings?

Thank you Thomascoon,

The imagery holds up to the cipher I use and this may have some additional support. The words you use Thomascoon do not correlate with the imagery.  On top of that magical in numerology does not add up to a zero or a null.  

Quote:
  • Looking down from above, Earth revolves around the Sun in a counter-clockwise manner - moves through the seasons
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

[Image: season1.gif]
(28-09-2016, 11:35 PM)stellar Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thank you Thomascoon,

The imagery holds up to the cipher I use and this may have some additional support. The words you use Thomascoon do not correlate with the imagery.  On top of that magical in numerology does not add up to a zero or a null.  

Wait, I just double checked Magical: 4 (m) + 1 (a) + 7 (g) + i (9) + c (3) + a (1) + l (3) = 28, which should be 8+2=0 unless I misinterpreted how the system works?

Also, I guess my point is, how do you know that these are the seasons? Diane (another member on the board) wrote a very thorough blog post saying that the 4 winds are depicted here.
(29-09-2016, 02:21 AM)ThomasCoon Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(28-09-2016, 11:35 PM)stellar Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thank you Thomascoon,

Wait, I just double checked Magical: 4 (m) + 1 (a) + 7 (g) + i (9) + c (3) + a (1) + (3) = 28, which should be 8+2=0 unless I misinterpreted how the system works?

Also, I guess my point is, how do you know that these are the seasons? Diane (another member on the board) wrote a very thorough blog post saying that the 4 winds are depicted here.
8+2=10 reduces to 1 in numerology

[Image: imperio.jpg?w=840]

Stellar, Thomas

I've always wondered why more attention isn't paid to this folio; it has so much to offer by way of 'cribs' and indications of how the  imagery passes through a number of historical stages.

The detailed analyis was done on my research blog, now closed to the public, but part of it was reprised in a later post to voynichimagery, if anyone would care to have another opinion to consider.

I was chiefly interested in the content of the astronomical motifs, and the style used to depict the winds and what we might infer from those things - so there's a fair bit of historical and comparative iconographic matter in the post, which does make it a bit long.

(29-09-2016, 07:21 AM)Diane Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Stellar, Thomas

I've always wondered why more attention isn't paid to this folio; it has so much to offer by way of 'cribs' and indications of how the  imagery passes through a number of historical stages.

The detailed analyis was done on my research blog, now closed to the public, but part of it was reprised in a later post to voynichimagery, if anyone would care to have another opinion to consider.

I was chiefly interested in the content of the astronomical motifs, and the style used to depict the winds and what we might infer from those things - so there's a fair bit of historical and comparative iconographic matter in the post, which does make it a bit long.

I saw your site and thank you.  To be honest I started reading and then I saw the cross, and so I checked out Crux in Latin and Crucis was next to it as Cross also.  So I will continue to look at it.  Diane and I agree on the imagery and themes for these labels.  The cipher looks solid!

[Image: crusis.jpg?w=840]

[Image: orion11.jpg?w=840]

[Image: scorpius.jpg?w=840]
Diane,
I once tried my Units breakdown on one of your winds and got "Aust---" which is the beginning of Latin words for South (Auster, Austrinus, Australis). So I was really excited for a night, but it turned out to be a fluke in the end Wink 

Stellar,
Thank you for letting me know about the numerology. In that case, Magical would be =1, and so would the word above it.
Pages: 1 2