The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: f13v
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
iiiii
The interpretation of these flowers as dancers seems like a good one to me. I don't know of anyone having spotted this before.

The way the arms are drawn reminds me of some Chinese terra cotta figures.

Also note that the middle figure is standing on a clear platform, shaped, it appears, like a lotus. I may have to use a life line on this one Wink

[Image: attachment.php?aid=659]
Don, Koen,

The detail Don shows certainly looks like three little dancers, even like Dervishes, or Crane dancers and more.

Mrs. Grieves has Persian Pellitory not a single plant but an insect-stunning powder made by  combinig the closed flowers of Pyrethrum roseum with those of P.carneum. She says these are both "plants native to the north of Persia".

It would be interesting to know the historical side of things. Obviously a powder like that would have been very useful in preserving fabrics, and paper and so on.  But I can't find any reference to when the flowers and/or powder was first imported into western Europe, or when the term "Persian pellitory' was first used.

I'd love to hear more.
iiiii