The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: f76v as Southern Portugal/Spain
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

This drawing I take as Sagres Point. If the drawing is west up, it is the point from far away. But wait, if it is east up, it is the point from a closer view with its rounded beach, i.e. it is both. In terms of historical significance, it was the starting point of Strabo's Geography and in 1424 Prince Henry the Navigator built a fort there. The nymph points to Sagres Point, where Vila do Infante [Estate of the Prince] was built.

[Image: Map-SagresLocationCombined_c.jpg]

See the sheltered port and how there are two indentations between the tip of Sagres Point and the inward end of the sheltered port. It resembles the shape of the next nymph's tube end.

Take off from there and turn 90 degrees towards the east on a long journey as indicated by the spindle and ascending north node symbol.

https://www.jasondavies.com/voynich/#f76v/0.515/0.701/3.00

The top nymph's head and arms resemble the area in which Gibraltar is located, her right arm and head would fit the shoreline. The other nymph, literally drawn on the other side of the strait, would be Ceuta. I think the clashing rocks are telling the story of Hercules smashing through the Atlas mountains to create the entrance to the Atlantic Ocean and leave behind the Pillars of Hercules to mark it.

Remember the bucket area from the Caspian Sea in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and the almost enclosed bay? I think this bucket is Cadiz, or the Gates of Gades

The nymph may be saying to follow the rivers from there overland to the next stop, which will be Cartegena or New Carthage / Nieuw Carthago in the map below.

[Image: gades.jpg]

The green area east of Gibraltar is Moorish Grenada which may be the reason for suggesting the overland route.

[Image: Portolan-chart-by-Albino-de-Canepa.png]
[url=https://www.jasondavies.com/voynich/#f76v/0.515/0.701/3.00][/url]