The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: f75v as Armenia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Image: image.php?size=full&id=f75v]

Ok so what appears to be a right angled river (blue) into two packages of "heavenly" water (blue) into 10 streams into green body of water, with a connection to another blue body of water.

Note in this 1414 map a river mouth on the west side of the Caspian, near the Baku projection into the lake, which comes from the  west, turning from the south twice at right angles at a mountain where it rises. Note that on the other side of this mountain we see rivers which connect to the Persian Gulf.

[Image: 1414PirrusDeNohaPtolemaicWorldMap.jpg]

In this Ptolemy Map you can see a similar configuration. Note the two lakes that look like one divided by a mountain. I think the heavenly blue is runoff from the mountain, which obviously goes to either side, feeding both lakes and various rivers which make it back to the one that goes to the Caspian, which is marked as the Araxes. The river attached to the left lake goes south and ultimately to the Persian Gulf, and is the Euphrates. The lake is Van, the other lake is Urmia. Both are salt lakes, which is why the combined water body shows green. The other lake attached to the Araxes by another river is Sevan which is a freshwater lake and is therefore shown in blue.  So in effect I think the page is showing that all water bodies share heavenly water no matter how divided or different it may seem they are.  I think Sevan is shown at the bottom of the page because it is not actually a stop on the tour, since you'd have to go out of your way to get there, (I'm suggesting this page is saying how to get to the Persian Gulf, or at least to the rivers that will get you there, from the Caspian Sea) but is of enough significance to discuss as an aside. The boat in the Caspian on the map is Noah's Ark, and Mount Ararat is located between the three lakes. This is shown on many other types of maps  as well and can help you locate Armenia on them.

[Image: 30444.jpg]

This version shows a little better the shape of the lakes, note the similarity between Sevan and the blue lake at the bottom of the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. diagram, kind of bulbous with an extension in both cases.
[Image: 4457.jpg]

At various times such as above in Armenia Major, or this map indicating place names of the 9th century, they all belonged to the same Kingdom, only Sevan lies in what is Armenia today.

[Image: urartu6_9th_bc.jpg]
Also, the Arax forms a "hole" in the page which leads to the other side, indicating where it leads, being the Caspian Sea.

There is a monument near lake Van left by Darius the Great which is sort of a Rosetta stone in three languages, I wonder if the dual labels on the streams in the diagram is some sort of translation as well.
I just saw this map and to me it has everything on it that You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. does, including the Araxes, Urmia and Sevan.

And i looked up Daghi and in Urdu it means smudgey, and is related to words that mean striped or veined. I thought that was interesting in terms of them being old volcanoes.

Urmia is thought to mean wavy, undulating, from Indo-Iranian. Is that why the nebuly lines? Is it to indicate the lake changes shape? Or are the nebuly lines there to separate the blue freshwater from the green mineralized water...

[Image: TRV005M2s.jpg]

[Image: f075v_crd.jpg]