The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Fields of expertise
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What fields of expertise are represented?

Is there an expert on heraldry?
There are few people who like to call themselves experts on something and from my experiences I distrust anybody who calls himself an expert on something - in your place I would ask a question, perhaps someone can give you an answer
Is there heraldry in the VMs Zodiac?

Will our putative expert find heraldry in the VMs Pisces and Aries illustrations?
Moved thread to the Imagery subforum.
Hi Anton,

Thanks. The topic of heraldry has gone around the imagery discussion already. With good participation and useful comments from various contributors. But none of them claimed to have any sort of credentials or made any indication of prior familiarity with the topic of heraldry in general.

I though that "Questions for Experts" was a place to ask experts. And the requisite necessity for such questions is not to pose them to some other 'man-in-the-street' type of person (as has already been done), but to a recognized expert. Thus the reason for my inquiry into fields of expertise. And I take it from these events, that there is no one holding that position.
Hi R. Sale,

The Q2E subforum is for specific well-defined questions (which should be used as the thread titles), while your question appeared to me as kinda invitation to discussion. I thought that Imagery is a better place for it than Voynich Talk, since heraldry is revealed through imagery (I suppose).
No worries. The only way to get an expert opinion is to ask an expert. That requires an expert in relevant topics to be available. The only way to determine that is to ask. And it appears the matter has been settled. Not unexpected, though not the desired outcome.
I don't think that we've been having an academic expert in heraldry in our ranks so far... but who knows if s/he does not join us in the future?!

But the word "expert" in the Q2E subforum title is not that narrowly defined. Anybody with sufficient knowledge is welcome to provide answers.
Anton,

I think it's: Anybody with sufficient *interest* is welcome to provide answers. And knowledge in any specific area remains to be seen. And not to deny that I have gotten useful information from others. But if the Q2E section actual had a panel of experts on heraldry, astrology, alchemy, or anything, even just one, then someone would be a fool not to make use of that. But this isn't like that, this is a cloud-based forum - as expected. Just thought I'd ask and see if anyone might respond positively.