The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: The Booles and the Hintons
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From the author, Gerry Kennedy:

My Boole/Voynich book following the lives of the 2 Boole and Hinton dynasties is due out on the 29th Jun after years of work, published by by Atrium/Cork University Press under the title 'The Booles and the Hintons' (£25 hardback, 450 pages). It includes a revising chapter on the Voynich Manuscript based on the 2004 book - so nothing really new there. (although I re-iterate the partial hoax theory of the Marci letter - for what it's worth). What may be of interest, however, is new information on Wilfrid and Ethel and their lives together based on family archives and a full translation of Taratuta's biography of Ethel. Their characters are investigated in detail.

The book deals with the lives of the Hinton dynasty too as well as the Booles from George Boole onwards so a lot of it is VMS irrelevant. It is undoubtedly a hybrid offering: part academic biography, part travel and part diaries of mine and part comment. Enough variety to offend any 'purists' who stray within its covers. I think the result is ok however; we shall see what the world thinks when the reviews come in. I'd be interested to hear any comments if anyone reads read some/all/any of it. I hope it entertains at least. 

The publishers have issued a 'widget' blurb of the 1st 29 pages to give chapter descriptions and some flavour, (but nothing specifically on the Voyniches). If you would like to download this it should be possible at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..