The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: The Voynich liquorice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Seeing liquorice mentioned in You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. by Marco, I decided to put my notes about the potential Voynich liquorice plant into a blog post.

This is the plant:
[Image: liquorice.jpg?w=720]

And my interpretation of it, specifically, why the roots are arranged in a rather unnatural position, can be read in this post, including suggested label reading: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..
I decided to publish another one of the more normal plants. This one from f100r, which is not part of the mythological foldout. It's this plant, which I identify as a kind of leek.

[Image: handplant.jpg?w=720]

The label reads kura?, which points towards the Egyptian kurrat leek. This interpretation is supported by the mnemonic hand in the root: Greek for "hand" is KheiR, which provides a bit of a memory booster. 

I can't explain the shape of the leaves though. They are too wavy, and the arrangement of three leaves in an almost 90° angle is very strange. I see three options:

1) This is an attempt to draw actual Allium leaves.
2) This is an artistic convention.
3) This is an additional mnemonic device.

I think the third option is the most likely one, but I have no idea what this could refer to. An object? A glyph? Do let me know if you have an idea.

The full post You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..