The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: What do the star-like images represent? - March 2024
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
If we are looking at a picture and we can't agree on if we are looking at a picture of a cat or a picture of a bus, we are not going to get very far in agreeing on the story it is telling.

What do the star-like images represent? - March 2024

- I think they represent the stars up in the night sky.

- I think they represent souls.

- I have a different idea about the meaning of the stars.

- Don't know / Not sure / No comment.
Poll is set to close on Saturday, April 13, 2024.
Do you mean the stars next to the text in the Recipes/Stars section + f58r,f58v ?
or do you mean the stars in the Cosmo section ?
or do you  mean the stars in the Zodiac section ?
or do you mean  the stars that have a 'string' attached to them ?
or do you mean all the stars in every section ?
I was thinking of the star-images in Quire 9 through Quire 13. Those are the ones where I think the star-images are souls. It was the blue star on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. that started all this for me.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I do believe the star-images with strings on the Zodiac pages that connect them with nymphs are souls. I believe the purpose of the nymphs is to prepare the body of the mother-to-be to receive the new baby soul 40/80 days after conception according to the teachings of Aristotle. People keep telling me I need to research this but this Ensoulment idea from Aristotle is very well established. I'm surprised that people don't know about it already.

I don't know what to think about the star-images on the pages that are otherwise text-only. They could just be decoration. They could be prayers for the dead. I don't know.

I don't remember any star-image on the the Rosettes page but it does have a lot of asterisks. I don't know what they represent. Originally I thought all nine circles of the Rosettes page were Heaven but now I am not so sure. I still believe the center circle is Heaven/God but I don't know about the outer circles.
(09-04-2024, 04:20 PM)RobGea Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Do you mean the stars next to the text in the Recipes/Stars section + f58r,f58v ?
Reference Number.
Clarification: I'm talking about the Ensoulment after 40/80 days is well established, not the nymphs part. I don't know about nymphs from anything other than the Voynich Manuscript.
What's gonna happen if you're the only one who votes souls?
@Hider : Recipes / Stars section == VMS Quire 20 { You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. - You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. }  : On RZ's website You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(23-03-2024, 02:51 PM)pjburkshire Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.If we are looking at a picture and we can't agree on if we are looking at a picture of a cat or a picture of a bus, we are not going to get very far in agreeing on the story it is telling.

If it were that easy to agree on what the images mean, they would have been identified decades ago.
(09-04-2024, 08:01 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.What's gonna happen if you're the only one who votes souls?

Nothing is going to happen. If you are asking if I will change my mind, no, it will not change my mind no matter how people vote or if they don't vote at all. Like I said back on March 18th, I trust my own judgment.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Pages: 1 2