The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Voynichese Fonts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All,
Is anyone knowledgeable about the available computer fonts for Voynichese?  I am aware of the "Voynich 123" (and "Voynich 1.01") which I believe was prepared by Glen Caston, and the "EVA Hand 1" font prepared by Gabriel Landini.  Both are true-type fonts.

My problem is that I am attempting to use the EVA Hand 1 font in a LaTeX file using the pdflatex processor, which is not compatible with TrueType fonts. It requires a tex font metric and a few accompanying files and I have not been able to convert the true-type font files successfully.

Has anyone dealt with this particular issue? Or have any advice?

Greatly appreciated.
I'm not sure, can you do anything with this?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Quote:A simple METAFONT font for displaying the characters of the Voynich manuscript according to the Currier transcription scheme, for use with the TeX typesetting system.
(07-02-2024, 06:06 PM)bi3mw Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I'm not sure, can you do anything with this?

Quote:A simple METAFONT font for displaying the characters of the Voynich manuscript according to the Currier transcription scheme, for use with the TeX typesetting system.

Thanks!
 I had not seen this one, but it appears to be too old for my purposes (as I'm using the extended EVA transliteration alphabet).
(07-02-2024, 05:50 PM)asteckley Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Hi All,
Is anyone knowledgeable about the available computer fonts for Voynichese?  I am aware of the "Voynich 123" (and "Voynich 1.01") which I believe was prepared by Glen Caston, and the "EVA Hand 1" font prepared by Gabriel Landini.  Both are true-type fonts.

My problem is that I am attempting to use the EVA Hand 1 font in a LaTeX file using the pdflatex processor, which is not compatible with TrueType fonts. It requires a tex font metric and a few accompanying files and I have not been able to convert the true-type font files successfully.

Has anyone dealt with this particular issue? Or have any advice?

Greatly appreciated.

I have created my own font which can be found You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.. It has several incompatibilities with EVA, but can be easily used in pdf (using LuaLaTeX)
(07-02-2024, 11:08 PM)farmerjohn Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I have created my own font which can be found You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.. It has several incompatibilities with EVA, but can be easily used in pdf (using LuaLaTeX)

Thank you very much!
I see you have *.otf files and I will try that.
I have used xelatex and it handles the *.ttf files fine. 
But I need to use pdflatex (and not xelatex or lualatex). And I've been fighting with it to get a font format it will handle.