The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Digitizations from Beinecke now on Lux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. was recently released online as part of Yale's new Lux digital archive. These are correspondence around the ms and letters from Voynich. The direct link to the digital portions of the collection can be found here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Now all we need is for them to put the complete Ilardi microfilm online; preferably with original images.(I can dream can't I?)
With only 13 items available, it looks like they are still in the process of digitizing everything and may be for some time. I hope more of the documents will be digitized and available soon.

I only wish the Beinecke also owned the Friedmans' papers. Seems like someone is always looking for something from those that isn't yet available anywhere online.
If this is a new on-going digitisation, then that would be great news.
Some items were already online.
I'll certainly keep an eye on this.
(20-01-2024, 12:30 AM)merrimacga Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.With only 13 items available, it looks like they are still in the process of digitizing everything and may be for some time. I hope more of the documents will be digitized and available soon.

I only wish the Beinecke also owned the Friedmans' papers. Seems like someone is always looking for something from those that isn't yet available anywhere online.

Yes, this is part of a university-wide collections effort that involves libraries, the art galleries, and preservation (and perhaps others) - it's a huge project and is under continued development.
In meantime, I've put my images from Beinecke's Voynich-related material here: 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(20-01-2024, 03:59 PM)LisaFaginDavis Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.In meantime, I've put my images from Beinecke's Voynich-related material here: 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Many thanks to Claire and Lisa!

At the end of Lisa's collection there are a number of newspaper clips, several of them are about Newbold. It seems that solving the cipher in only a few hours has been the norm since the very beginning.
This is from the article with the brazen head illustration.

[attachment=8090]

EDIT: great to see images of the Lunaria Envelope - Koen and myself saw it mentioned several times in Ethel's notebooks.