The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Blog fully revised with new material.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After laying idle and unloved for some time, my Voynich pages have now been fully revised. The blog title has changed - but not the URL. Lots of new material and further developments of my line of research. I hope to offer a different approach and fresh perspectives. Daily posts at the moment. 

Lingua Nympharum: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..
@Hermes
I had a look at it. Nice work, but that's about it.
Why? Text in pictures is not easy to translate. That makes it rather tedious for someone who doesn't speak English. The actual information is lost.
I don't think I'm the only one who sees it that way.
Think about it.
(09-01-2024, 07:57 PM)Aga Tentakulus Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Text in pictures is not easy to translate. That makes it rather tedious for someone who doesn't speak English. The actual information is lost.

I agree with Aga. You call them slides...does that mean the original is in PowerPoint? If so, are they also images only in the PPT or are they text? If they are text in the PPT, could you upload it to your blog so viewers can download the presentation? Adobe PDF might also work as a format as long as it is OCR text selectable. Either option would make it easier for viewers who need to do translation without you having to re-create the slides as text selectable in your blog.

Just a thought.

Also, did you look into having your blog added to the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. here? I checked and it isn't listed there yet.
(10-01-2024, 12:38 AM)merrimacga Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(09-01-2024, 07:57 PM)Aga Tentakulus Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Text in pictures is not easy to translate. That makes it rather tedious for someone who doesn't speak English. The actual information is lost.

I agree with Aga. You call them slides...does that mean the original is in PowerPoint? If so, are they also images only in the PPT or are they text? If they are text in the PPT, could you upload it to your blog so viewers can download the presentation? Adobe PDF might also work as a format as long as it is OCR text selectable. Either option would make it easier for viewers who need to do translation without you having to re-create the slides as text selectable in your blog.

Just a thought.

Also, did you look into having your blog added to the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. here? I checked and it isn't listed there yet.

Thanks. I use an old, old version of Powerpoint to present notes. It's the habit of years of teaching undergraduates with diminishing attention spans. Anything I post in that format is a summary of what is also presented in text. I try to offer my work in various ways, including videos. But I acknowledge the translation problem. I don't think the PPT files, or PDF, upload to that blogsite. If they do, I have no idea. I am extremely Web 2.0. 

The same with the blogosphere. It's asking me to download an application???
(10-01-2024, 02:32 AM)Hermes777 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Thanks. I use an old, old version of Powerpoint to present notes. It's the habit of years of teaching undergraduates with diminishing attention spans. Anything I post in that format is a summary of what is also presented in text. I try to offer my work in various ways, including videos. But I acknowledge the translation problem. I don't think the PPT files, or PDF, upload to that blogsite. If they do, I have no idea. I am extremely Web 2.0. 

The same with the blogosphere. It's asking me to download an application???

I looked on the Blogger site for anything on how you could upload PPT or PDF files to your blog but it looks like there might not be any way you can. However, you should be able to add links in your blog to external sites (I noticed you already have on your Links page). If you don't already back up your PPT files elsewhere, you could get a Google account and then use You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. to upload your documents then share Google Drive links to them on your blog. If you already have a Google account, click You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. to sign in to Google Drive with your Google login.

As for the Blogosphere, I'm not sure how you got an application. I didn't see anything like that. But if you click You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., you will get to the Blogosphere Help page. That page tells you how to have your blog added. It says to just PM (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.) the administrator (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.) or use the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and be sure to include the link to your blog. You must have an RSS or ATOM feed on your blog (it looks like you have an ATOM feed) for your blog to be added to the Blogosphere here.

Hope this helps.
(09-01-2024, 07:33 PM)Hermes777 Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.After laying idle and unloved for some time, my Voynich pages have now been fully revised. The blog title has changed - but not the URL. Lots of new material and further developments of my line of research. I hope to offer a different approach and fresh perspectives. Daily posts at the moment. 

Lingua Nympharum: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view..

The best I can do at the moment Aga is to post both text and slides, such as in this new post You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

It's a good habit to present material in different formats, anyway. Regards