The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Ethel Lililan Voynich' complete notebooks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As you may remember, last year Marco Ponzi and I transcribed the first one and a half notebooks of Ethel Voynich (ELV) based on photos made by Lisa Fagin Davis. I recently had the opportunity to photograph the remaining notebooks, which Marco and I now also transcribed.

The contents of the notebooks are mostly entries about each large plant drawing (Herbal section), trying to identify it with regards to botanical properties and herbal traditions. She also discusses selected small-plant drawings, and points out links between both sections.

Here is the link to the complete transcription (pdf): You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Here is a spreadsheet where I gathered Ethel's final guess for each plant, as well as how certain she appeared to be: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(If you are interested in a certain folio, however, I strongly recommend looking at the full entry, since quite often her discussion is much more nuanced than what can be captured in a spreadsheet.)