The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Photos of the Abbazia Santi Nazarro e Celso by the Sesia River
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The first photo of the Abbey.
The Abbey's website has a number of photos

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Another image
More photos of the Abbey:
Some more of the photos:
This video is quite nice with good views of the important "X" paths:

My favourite video:

This photo didn't seem to have been uploaded:
The Abbey can be found roughly half way between the northern Italian cities of Milan and Turin. I have attached two maps as well as the coat of arms of the Abbey.
A couple more maps. Note that the Abbey is located on Via Antonio Barbavara. Barbavara was Abbot in the early and middle 15th century and responsible for much of the construction of the Abbey. He was the most significant Abbot in the Abbey's history.

The Abbey was within the Duchy of Milan and very near the border with the Duchy of Savoy.

Whether one thinks that this Abbey has anything to do with the Voynich, it is certainly beautiful, so worth a visit if in the area, with imagery common to the Voynich.
(03-11-2023, 07:00 PM)Mark Knowles Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.My favourite video:

Thoughts on the video above would be interesting. It is certainly a beautiful Abbey with swallow tail merlons that may not have been recorded in the survey. Of course, being beautiful does not make it relevant to the Voynich.

The final ascending view of the X above I find striking. The Bell Tower, "campanile", with its flatish roof is noteworthy.