The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Small Plant Text Labels
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am interested in the labels next to the small plants which I intend to use in conjunction with the matching information for textual comparison. So, for example, to compare the text against a root with the matching text against a leaf. I think there is also some scope for comparing herbal paragragh text with the labels of matching small plants. In addition comparison with small plant paragraph text may be of interest.
It may be helpful for new users to this discussion to get some context where this is coming from. The source thread is Mark's You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. but that one has extensive commenting on it. Besides the initial post there, these are perhaps the most relevant ones for this discussion:

Ruby's initial 30-09-2023 post about this: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Mark's 03-10-2023 post about grabbing the small plant label text: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

And Mark's post there yesterday, and its subsequent responses, before starting this post today: 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Vladimir also made some contribution to the subject. However I would like to do something more thorough, detailed and precise.
If you run the small plant 'vocabulary' through the large plant texts, then perhaps it will be a matching large plant.
(07-10-2023, 09:04 PM)R. Sale Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.If you run the small plant 'vocabulary' through the large plant texts, then perhaps it will be a matching large plant.

That would certainly be nice. However I would like to do something more thorough than that. I would like to work on the basis that the same plant might be spelled in more than one different way, if it is written in cipher. I would also like to cross check the label text with the label text from the other matching plants that match the same large plant e.g. root and leaf matches. I would like also to cross check with the paragraph text for the small plants.
I have began to try to list the small plant labels as can be seen in the attached image.

I have labelled in blue their sequence position. I have circled the page number in yellow.

I have also underlined in red the words or beginnings of words which seem to be in a very repetitive format.
The repetitive words that I have seen here and elsewhere typically beginning in a EVA-ok or EVA-ot format. Within my framework of thinking these would appear to be null words, however it is possible some words have null prefixes where the rest of the word is non-null.

I would appreciate consideration by others as to which other words are in a repetitive and therefore possibly null format amongst fhe words on this page.

I may then only include non-repetitive words for plant textual comparison purposes to reduce the workload.

I think I will store the original label images rather than EVA transcription in this spreadsheet, so as to minimise the chance of an error being introduced.

I have edited the page so that the labels are more easily spotted.

Help from anyone else interested in this would certainly be appreciated.
Converted to EVA:

1,1     NULLISH
1,2     darar
1,3     NULLISH
1,4     salo
1,5     oroaiv
1,6     NULLISH
1,7     salolo
1,8     stccal

Partial null?

0         [prefix]adom
2,2      [prefix]am