The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Looking for a copy of "Flora of the Voynich Codex"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I understand that there are serious issues with the theory put forth by Tucker et al, and I have not seen evidence that would sway me to their ideas.
However, I cannot take such a stance without looking more thoroughly at their work.

So I am looking to obtain a copy of Tucker & Janick's book "Flora of the Voynich Codex:...".
Does anyone have a used copy they would like to sell?
I have access to an electronic copy, but I am old-school still and prefer a real book, whether it is hardback or paperback.
I certainly don't mind purchasing their book, but the price being asked for a new copy ($260 for hardback, $170 for paperback) is simply unreasonable.  
It is basically saying "I don't want anybody to look at my research". 

Please PM me if you have a copy that you would be willing to part with.

Thanks!
Andrew
(28-09-2023, 09:40 PM)asteckley Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.So I am looking to obtain a copy of Tucker & Janick's book "Flora of the Voynich Codex:...".
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(29-09-2023, 02:34 PM)Hider Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(28-09-2023, 09:40 PM)asteckley Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.So I am looking to obtain a copy of Tucker & Janick's book "Flora of the Voynich Codex:...".
Thank you. 
As I said though, I have access to the electronic version already.
Do you only want to own a print copy or are you willing to borrow from a library?

I ask because I checked WorldCat and it looks like there are 19 libraries globally, 9 in the U.S., but no public ones (see comment below), that have print copies of the book. You might check first to confirm which of these actually has it available and is willing to lend it (WorldCat doesn't always have accurate data). You may be able to borrow one of those copies through the interlibrary loan system by contacting a local library with whom you have an account (library card) and requesting the book through them. Make sure you check the fees for the loan, which could vary by library and may be pretty expensive if sourced internationally.

Here is the WorldCat link to the book. Make sure you select your location first then in the filters select print book. You will also see two tab links, one for featured libraries, which has borrow buttons and where I got the above results. Clicking a borrow button will take you to the specific library's website in a new browser tab or window. Skip the New York Public Library copy in the listings...I checked that one and they don't actually have it.

(29-09-2023, 04:09 PM)merrimacga Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Do you only want to own a print copy or are you willing to borrow from a library?

Thanks, I definitely am looking to own a copy to add to my library.
But, in the meantime have been looking for an inter-library loan. Thanks for the link!