The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: about 「Handy table」by Ptolemaios
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I think that v67 and 「Handy table」are similar.
especially innermost circle of Handy table and moon circle of v67 are similar.

Handy table was made by Ptolemaios.
its purpose is to make a convenient chart of astrology.

innermost circle mean 'time when the sun enters the corresponding sign'.
so black woman mean the time is night. white woman mean the time is day.

HERE I HAVE ONE QUESTION

depending on the year, the time when the sun enters the corresponding sign changes.
so, for example, the sun entering Aries in one year may be daytime,
but in another year it will be night time.

I can understand if Handy table was made for a specific year.
but Handy table was made for convenience.
so if Handy table was made for a long time, inconsistent with black and white woman.

what does that mean??

[attachment=7368]
[attachment=7369]
[attachment=7370]
I was going to explain, but then discovered in my notes that ReneZ has a very comprehensive analysis of this image here:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I read it before, buy it didn't solve my question above (´;ω;`)ウッ…
(29-05-2023, 06:57 AM)februs Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I read it before, buy it didn't solve my question above (´;ω;`)ウッ…

I am not sure if I really understood the question, but note that this illustration is not really part of the handy tables. It is quite unique to this manuscript.
(29-05-2023, 10:04 AM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(29-05-2023, 10:04 AM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.[quote="februs" pid='54960' dateline='1685339866']
I read it before, buy it didn't solve my question above (´;ω;`)ウッ…

I am not sure if I really understood the question, but note that this illustration is not really part of the handy tables. It is quite unique to this manuscript.

really? this illustration is not really part of the handy tables?

I saw some explain that the illustration is called ' handy table'.

this illustration is in Vatican MS.  I saw it really.
There are many copies of the so-called handy tables, but it is only this manuscript (Vat.Gr.1291, in the Vatican library) that has this particular illustration.

It is long ago that I looked at this, and I have some vague memories of what I read about it, which is probably not reliable.

Please note that Nick Pelling also wrote about it in 2017:
>ReneZ

sorry, I don't understand your saying...(-_-Wink

I know that the handy table's copy are many.
the one is in Vatican 1291.

did you say that there are several handy tables?
The handy tables exist in many manuscripts. But this picture is not part of the handy tables, it is unique to the Vatican manuscript.
>KoenG

what?? the illustration that I introduced is called 'handy table'.

do you know really handy table?? what is it?
(30-05-2023, 08:58 AM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.There are many copies of the so-called handy tables, but it is only this manuscript (Vat.Gr.1291, in the Vatican library) that has this particular illustration.

It is long ago that I looked at this, and I have some vague memories of what I read about it, which is probably not reliable.

Please note that Nick Pelling also wrote about it in 2017:

the site explains that the pic is 「 A beautifully illustrated copy of Ptolemy’s Handy Tables」.

so is the pic handy table, isn't it? (@_@)
Pages: 1 2