The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: what does mean this picture's angels?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
probably, I saw this picture somewhere in voynichninja.

I want to know what does mean this picture's angel.

mid in the picture mean libra sign.

2nd wheel means perhaps exaltation or descent and so on..of the sign(libra).

what does mean 3rd wheel? ( it is most out side)
why is written angels?

[attachment=7361]
I'm a quite beginner to this stuff and maybe others would be able to say more but I'll start.

Angels are just angels. In medieval times people believed that stars and planets don't move itself but they are moved by angels.

There were angels responisble for planets or Zodiac signs. I believe there isn't any official list of them but you may check for
example this link from great Nick Pelling website:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

You have a cipher broken there, with plaintext containing sentences like

NOMEN ARIETIS SOLICET ANGELUS EIUS EST “SORON”
The name of angel governing of Aries is Soron

And in the middle ring you have star constellations. You can see Libra itself there. The guy holding a snake
seems to be Serpentarius/Opiuchus. Another guy may be Bootes and so on. Please notice that these
are neighbour constellanions to Libra.

Also notice little circles at constellations pictures. They are probably stars. For those people it was obvious which stars
the author had in mind. In the past stars were often described as body parts of their constellations. For example you could
said Caput Gorgonae (Gorgona Head) and everybody knew that you mean Algol star. There were much more such names like
Cauda Leoni (Leo tail) Cors Cancri (heart of Cancer) and so on.

So on the picture we have stars for each day of 23 September-23 October when Libra is "valid". And here my knowledge ends.
Is it describing some real astronomical phenomenon or is it just astrology and stars picked at random? If it's astrology then
these stars could suggest what you should do or not on these days because they could bring you good or bad luck.
>>Rafal

thank you Rafal (∩´∀`)∩

I know that modern astrology have the theory that there are angels every 360 degrees.

you said 'Angels are just angels. In medieval times people believed that stars and planets don't move itself but they are moved by angels.'

but I havn't heard that theory. have you heard about it anywhere?
Hi Februs,

You can read about angels moving the planets (celestial spheres to be exact) for example here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

As you can see on the included picture sometimes angels use cranks for that, they probably have too weak raw muscle power to do it by bare hands Wink
[Image: dg7lufixyaecos6-jpg-large.jpeg?w=736]

Heavenly spheres is another crazy ancient idea. Medieval people generally didn't believe that universe could be mostly empty, they didn't accept the existence
of vacuum/nothing. Such approach was called horror vacui (fear of vacuum/emptiness).

So you had these invisible spheres which were yet made of some substance (often called ether) and planets set firmly into this spheres. When an angel moved
the sphere, the planet moved with it Wink

Movement of these spheres was believed to create some very beautiful, angelic music. Unfortunately people became too barbaric and lost the ability to hear it.
See about the music here: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Hope it helps you!
thank you for explain Rafal(∩´∀`)∩

I've always wanted to know about planetary harmony, so this was helpful.

If angels move the stars, it wouldn't be strange if they moved the constellations.