The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Voynich MS photo book in German
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This new book:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

is a new edition of the Voynich MS, entirely in German. It is a very high quality print, and the binding is certainly much nicer than the picture at the above link suggests. As far as I can tell, the page images are at 1:1 scale, not reduced as in the Watkins edition.

(I have no finiancial or other interests in this edition).
(22-09-2022, 06:01 AM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.... entirely in German ...
It would be nice.  If there weren't the damn glyphs Wink
Klaus Schmeh introduces the new VMS - book in his blog. He mentions that the journalist Vera Pache tells the history of the manuscript in a detailed preface.

He himself discusses in the epilogue the countless decipherments resp. decipherment attempts of the text. He also mentions the attempts to interpret the text of the manuscript as a meaningless strings of characters. In particular, Torsten Timm's autocopist hypothesis is emphasized.

There are also some comments in the main part of the book.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Hi, all.
I see that there is a "Preferred Edition" listed, as well, that has not been released yet. Does anyone know how it is different?

Best, E
I have now purchased the book. It is well done and I would give it a clear buy recommendation for the price.
Is it also better quality than You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. with the forward by Ray Clemens?
(07-10-2022, 09:43 PM)tavie Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Is it also better quality than You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. with the forward by Ray Clemens?

It is at least as good as the "original" in terms of quality. The format is smaller but it has, for example, a display of the respective folio position at the bottom of each page. In addition, it is divided into the familiar sections with short comments.