The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Ilardi at Yale
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I wonder if any of the people at Yale have seen or know of the following:

THE ILARDI MICROFILM COLLECTION OF RENAISSANCE DIPLOMATIC DOCUMENTS
ca. 1450 - ca. 1500

1856 reels

Compiled by VINCENT ILARDI, Professor of History, University of Massachusetts, Amherst and Visiting Professor (1993-96), History Department, Yale University

MICROFORM ROOM
STERLING MEMORIAL LIBRARY
YALE UNIVERSITY

I have a detailed listing for this. There are some documents from before 1450 and some of them are in cipher. However there are others that are not clear and so may contain ciphers.

Vincent Ilardi's Collection contains documents he photographed from many different European archives, particularly Italian archives.

The manuscripts from the BNF with the enciphered letters that I have just posted about were listed. However they was no indication that they contained ciphers, I learnt this by a completely separate means recently. This makes me wonder if there are other items in this collection which contain ciphers and for which the listing gives no indication.

I have attached a detailed guide to this collection.
If you want to search for references to ciphers in this document then you should search for words such as the following:

cifra, cifrari, cifre, cifrata etc.

There are quite a few references.