The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Arches of the Virgin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Arches of the Virgin:
To be honest, I didn't know that the Virgin had arches. Not till just the other day. The arches are an architectural structure on the north side of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. Other than their early origin, nothing much is said about them. And apparently, they are difficult to photograph fully, being in close quarters. Of course, someone who had been there would know about the Seven Arches of the Virgin.

Or, maybe, they lost one.
(15-07-2022, 07:38 PM)R. Sale Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Arches of the Virgin:
To be honest, I didn't know that the Virgin had arches. Not till just the other day. The arches are an architectural structure on the north side of the Church of the Holy Sepulchre in Jerusalem. Other than their early origin, nothing much is said about them. And apparently, they are difficult to photograph fully, being in close quarters. Of course, someone who had been there would know about the Seven Arches of the Virgin.

Or, maybe, they lost one.

I certainly think the symbolism of the Holy Sepulchre is relevant to the Voynich Manuscript. I hadn't made any connection to the arches of the Virgin. Thanks. Interesting.
R. Sale. Do you detect heraldry in page 46v? It looks awfully like the heraldry of the Count of Tyrol.
If the VMs illustration was just roots, it wouldn't look so much like a pair of wings. If it has meaning, it's either mnemonic or heraldic.

Wings are wings, what can I say. In heraldry, conjoined wings are a vol or Flug. The pattern predates the VMs, but is very uncommon. For 46v to be a heraldic eagle, there are too many parts missing. (Head, feet, tail)

If the VMs wings are seen as being representative of an eagle or an angel, that is a matter of interpretation, and it helps to have some supporting evidence.

The VMs roots illustration also seems to have a bit of excess black coloration, if it is intended to represent a red eagle.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.