The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Translation of Wladimir's blog posts on binding analysis
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some time ago I tentatively promised to translate Wladimir's blog posts on the binding analysis.

Let me fulfill the promise at least partially by providing the translation of the very first post in the series, of April 2020: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (it being the shortest of all Rolleyes )

This I think is the first time the endeavour of the "language assistance" (one of Editor's voluntary tasks, btw) is undertaken in this Forum. It was my idea, so I just came to implement what I invented. Cool

These posts abound with specific craftsman terms, such as headband and all that; being not that proficient in English (and in Russian neither) to correctly distinguish headband from tailband, I must have done some mistakes, feel free to correct me where I picked the wrong word.

The translation preserves the figures. In some cases I felt need to supply short editorial notes, those in italics. The title is as originally provided in English by Wladimir.
Interesting, especially the crime against history part  Big Grin Is LFD aware of this?
Here comes the translation of the next post of Wladimir - about cutting, trimming and removing the manuscript pages.

All considerations of my title post above regarding the translation do apply.
(31-10-2021, 05:24 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Here comes the translation of the next post of Wladimir - about cutting, trimming and removing the manuscript pages.

All considerations of my title post above regarding the translation do apply.

Remarkable work. Physical evidence is best evidence.
Here comes the translation of the next You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. in series. This one is from January 2021 and is about the preliminary binding of Q20 which now exists no more.
I was just contacted by Wladimir on whether I would allow my translations to be reposted elsewhere.

Given that honestly I did not ask Wladimir's permission to publish translations of his blog posts, to begin with, I'm in certain confusion Dodgy 

So I guess the proper response is that if Wladimir does not mind, then neither do I, provided that the use is of non-commercial nature.