The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Deciphering the Voynich manuscript: propositions to unlock research
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Deciphering the Voynich manuscript: propositions to unlock research
by François Parmentier

Link: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Abstract:
Quote:The Voynich Manuscript is a medieval book, whose text has continuously resisted decoding efforts for more than a century. First, propositions are made to insure a good overall quality of research about this manuscript. Next, two common assumptions, correspondingly about the manuscript writing system and the presence of labels, are questioned. As a result, a certain number of irregular forms of letters are pointed out and tentatively explained; and labels are found to be sometimes widespread words or refer to different objects (plants, stars…). Theoretical implications of such empirical findings are discussed, and call into question the validity of natural language hypothesis.
$53... ahem...
(04-08-2021, 09:16 PM)Anton Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.$53... ahem...

That's a no from me...
Unfortunately it's not on sci-hub yet but I searched it so maybe they'll download it soon. Sci-hub is your friend when it comes to paywalled scientific papers.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

If so, I look forward to reading the paper. It sounds like more of a summary and analysis of known facts than an attempt at a solution.
A preprint is available at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
I'm not sure it lived up to my expectations. A lot of the suggestions are relatively simple or unlikely. I wish it had more of an overview.