The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: My suggestion about MV (continuation #2)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First of all, I would like to greet all the forum participants. I immediately apologize for my english, this is not my native language. There are many difficulties on this forum, one of them for new researchers is that they cannot use all the information that was already discussed here a long time ago.[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]Also, many are afraid that if they express their idea, someone will take advantage of it and take it away.[/font][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]But at the same time, do[/font] not be afraid to publish ideas, because in the future a sufficient amount of evidence may be collected that can help determine the authorship of the MV (i hope). I think, it is the main idea of what we are doing here.

[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I decided to switch to encoding text in mv for now. understand, how the author could do this.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. to my opinion,very similar to circular encoding map. for example, if you divide this circle into 4 circular sections, you can see the starting coordinates.it is a pity that I am an amateur in decoding, and began to think how to approach this. in photoshop I split the map into 4 layers and each one started to rotate.[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif] [attachment=5552]  I support the theory of adding meaningless text (signs), I came to the conclusion that this map could be used for this. in the first experiments I found "additions" which are often found in the text, endings and parts.[/font][/font]
[/font]
but all this is not so important yet, because the algorithm, if any, has not yet been found. I turned to the Alberti cipher, Francis Bacon. (My theory is still unshakable about the author Cornelius, who was a student of Trithemius. In the fifth book of the Polygraphia series, published in 1518, he described a cipher in which each successive letter is encrypted with its own shift cipher). it all seems similar to me, but I have not yet been able to give birth to something specific. I was interested in the third circle from the center. 17 characters, repeated 4 times. this may give the idea of dividing the turning moment into 4 parts. it may also indicate an additional mechanism that could complement the map itself. and it seems to me that in VM this is a shematic drawing of a real code map, that a person used.
[attachment=5553] this gif is an example, in my use all layers move.

I am very poor at parchment binding and moving pages in mv, but the number 5 at the bottom of the page can be an interesting piece of evidence. map in VM, presented immediately after the herbarium, and what if it was presented before the herbarium, and folio You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. was at the beginning of mv. I did not see in the drawings of the herbarium stylistically that this plant could not be in the initial pages, and the number 5 may indicate a person who again fastened the sheets, and turned this sheet over and put it in the middle. then he re-numbered the entire VM. this small detail may indicate the important position of the map at the beginning of the manuscript.[attachment=5554]I want to note that there are empty paragraphs on the first page f1r . otherwise, in each sample, the length of empty metrics is different. this may indicate a prior knowledge of which additional words can be used to complete the text. and this knowledge can be obtained by looking at or using the cipher card. Thank you for your attention, I hope for your mercy and advice, because we are here to find the truth.
Regarding the circle segments on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. , You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. is an observation by @Sam G that might interest you.
(21-05-2021, 08:48 PM)bi3mw Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Regarding the circle segments on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. , You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. is an observation by @Sam G that might interest you.
I checked out the topic in the thread. Of course, it was naive to believe that no one could have guessed the coding card before, I had no doubt about it. thanks for the information. there I learned about the discussion of the meaning of glyphs and symbols. But what role this circle plays for the whole MV was not discussed there. I decided to take any text from the herbarium (f55r) [attachment=5558] [attachment=5559]and look for words that are present on the coded circle. and immediately found a few words. of course, some are quite common in the text [attachment=5556], but there are also complex words [attachment=5557]. I should continue experimenting with other pages, there may be a relationship [font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif]I noticed that on that thread they were discussing the second circle from the middle of the map called 17x4. many symbols on this map are uneven, but it seems to me that this figure acts as a diagram of the device that was used for encryption. and it is quite possible that it had an additional device that separated 17 characters, having a certain shape. maybe something like this:[/font]
[font=Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, sans-serif][attachment=5560][/font]
Perhaps these links may be of use:

David Jacksons blogpost; 'A simple Voynich word generator'.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Other ninja posts:
I've been trying for over a decade to turn this folio into a VMS token generator. Creating a rotating volvelle was one of the first things I did when I started seriously looking at the text.

I haven't been able to make it work. Kudos to anyone who can.   Smile
At least there seems to be a starting position that is clearly marked by lines and a vord.
[attachment=5562]
For a functional connection between the individual circle segments, the labeling is too unclean in terms of spacing. It seems to me more like a sketch for a functional disc.