The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: The VMS with Lisa Fagin Davis ( Latin Paleography class at Yale )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Lisa Fagin Davis '93 PhD, executive director of the Medieval Society of America and visiting professor of paleography at Yale, introduces the Voynich Manuscript (Beinecke Library MS 408) to the students in her Latin Paleography class at Yale. Live-streamed from the Beinecke Library, with special guests Curator Ray Clemens and Yale Professor of Linguistics Claire Bowern.
Nice one!
Excellent paleographic and codicological work. You can tell that Lisa is a good professional.

The only thing I criticize is the poor iconographic analysis, which is very important because it can shed light on the nature of the script. They keep talking about the biological or balneological section, as if Panofsky had never existed.

I think it is one of the biggest misinterpretations of the VM
Discussion about Petrus Beckx moved here You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Great video, thanks for sharing the link bi3mw.
The first half is a good presentation of the manuscript, but the second half where LFD talks about her findings is really what I enjoyed the most.
The point about multiple scribes on 115r was particularly interesting to me, as was the point about r&v of the big 9rosette foldout each being written by different scribes.
I knew that there had been several scribes identified, but somehow I had always understood that these had worked on separate folios, and I didn't realize there were sometimes multiple scribes per folio, or per page.
A voice of reason when it comes to Voynich Research.