The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: New viewer online at the Beinecke!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Greetings, all,

You will likely be pleased to hear that the Beinecke launched a new digital repository today with a MUCH improved viewer that easily allows for downloading images or a PDF of a manuscript, sharing images in different shared-canvas viewers like Mirador, mirroring into other viewers using the IIIF manifest, and much more. Here's the new direct link for the VMS: 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Enjoy!

- Lisa
This does not involve any new (or previously unpublished) scans, right?
This is very good indeed!

It resolves the issue that downloaded images could not be wider than 3000 pixels.
(28-01-2021, 04:53 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.This does not involve any new (or previously unpublished) scans, right?

Same scans, just presented in a much more accessible and user-friendly way.
Hmmm... This is a little frustrating actually.
It used to be easier to go to a specific page in the MS. 
Now it seems there is no other way than to leaf through it one page at a time. So if I want to view You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. that's a lot of clicking and data wasting.
I'm hoping there is some button I just haven't found to get a clickable thumbnail view of all pages or at least skip ten pages at a time?
I'm doing this from my phone, perhaps the desktop version is different?
If you go to full screen view, there appears an icon that can give you the full set of thumbnails.
However, for me, so far this only works in full screen view.

The top-level entry of the old image library is already being redirected to the new image library, however the specific links that I am using on pages like this one:
still go to the original ones.

As soon as I am reasonably sure that they will not also be re-directed, I will add the new links, so one can then use this page:
also as an entry point.
Thanks ReneZ.
There is no full screen view button in the phone version of the page.
After reading your comment I switched to display the desktop version of Beinecke's page and the fullscreen toggle appeared.
However once in fullscreen mode, there is no thumbnail gallery button.
It's good to know I'll be able to see the thumbnail gallery on my laptop, but it would be nice if that worked when accessing from a phone too.
It takes quite a long time for some thumbnails to load in full-screen mode.