The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Liber de Sapientia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The inquisition came after many people publishing versions of the bible in greek and languages other than latin.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Latin was the language of the rich priestly class, the chosen ones connected directly to the devine.
They held other works censored too:

This culminating with episodes such as the Galileo affair in 1600:

And yet it moves..

Vulgar Latin and romance languages and studying old greek helped break down this separation so that regular people can interpret the bible and other works.
For the ancient greeks valued the spread of knowledge for its own sake and not monopolising it.

This accompanied the renaissance and a flourishing of art by people like Da Vinci and new principles of humanity which also lead to great steps in scientific understanding and discoveries of technology such as the printing press, rediscovery of knowledge such as heliocentrism and discovery of new lands such as new spain and americas

But the same small minds have come after Julian Assange today and locked him in a tower too for publishing journalistic information about war crimes.

Please help to free him by raising the issue or signing a petition:

Should we be afraid that if we write anything about the VMS in a public forum that we too would be locked away by these same people that are against the sharing of information?

No. The same people do not want DaVinci to draw anything or Copernicus to write anything down because knowledge threatens their authority.

On a positive note, today is Wikipedia's 20th birthday anniversary.
[Image: enwiki20.png]

Liber de Sapientia
Vive la liberté. Vive la sabiduria. Viva la Vida!
I too used to be staunchly anti-censorship.

Having seen some of the horrors splattered all over the interwebs and witnessed the growth of outright lies and misinformation spread by social media, now I am not so sure.
(15-01-2021, 07:02 AM)DONJCH Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I too used to be staunchly anti-censorship.

Having seen some of the horrors splattered all over the interwebs and witnessed the growth of outright lies and misinformation spread by social media, now I am not so sure.

I do believe there is a middle ground, whereby information that can directly hurt people or incite violence can be dealt with appropriately including sometimes censure if necessary, however information that is not designed to hurt people or lead to harm shouldnt be included in that. IMO Wikipedia and Wikileaks fall into that category of freedom of information without intention to cause direct physical harm. Doxxing someone you dislike or inciting violence does not. Rationality (from rhoot word ratio) was all about correct proportion for the ancient greeks, which rarely occurs at the extremes. So i think intention and ability to do direct physical harm (not just political harm) matters, and that a rational approach to discerning is key.
Please stay off topical political commentary, this is not the place for such discussions. We deal only in the historical.
(15-01-2021, 07:02 AM)DONJCH Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I too used to be staunchly anti-censorship.

The garbage that is being spread about Corona in social media looks like a serious risk for local, regional and global human health.

It remains a difficult question.
Absolutely. This also seems relevant to the apparent decline in the status of peer reviewed publications. However I regret my part in helping to lead this thread off topic.