The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: [split] f85r2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(01-01-2021, 08:11 PM)Searcher Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Now we can say without a doubt that the important detail in the manuscript is water or some kind of liquid, pools, barrels and pipes occupy a significant part of the manuscript, including the Zodiac part and the Rosette map.
I'll give one example, a detail of which has gone unnoticed. You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.5r2 contains a diagram with 4 human figures. In addition to the clothes of these people and the things they hold in their hands, I was attracted by one detail - their (human) directions. It actually looks like a mess, these directions would look random if not for the direction of the fountains, which are placed exactly in the same direction as the figures. Personally, I don't know what that might mean. The version about the four tides of the equinoxes here seems the most realistic, but what do mean directions?

Happy New Year Searcher Smile

I agree the water direction in that diagram goes with quire 13. 

In quire 13 there is a path of water, there are two routes, Europe, and Asia/Africa. The commonality of the two routes is the Sea of Azov, for the first route one takes a western river, the other route takes the eastern river.

I believe the pointing person at the top of f85r2 represents Azov, with the pointing hand representing Azov itself as a mnemonic. This, coincidentally, is the one with the two directions of fountains. 

Counterclockwise, the fountain points to Burgundy or France, ie the Fleur de Lys is the mnemonic here. This one then points to Portugal/Spain with the spring deity mnemonic. That one points to Italy/Sicily with the container. 

I think the other direction of Azov points to Italy/Sicily in the clockwise direction because it is the first one of the other three you can get to after going the Asia/Africa route, plus the other two will lead you there also. 'All water leads to Rome' has come up before in the representation of the lakes on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and especially f84v. 

So, this map of Europe, if you will, is east up, with Azov being the easternmost point, Burgundy being north, Spain/Portugal being west, and Italy/Sicily being south.

Does this not fit?
(02-01-2021, 06:46 PM)Linda Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I believe the pointing person at the top of 86v represents Azov, with the pointing hand representing Azov itself as a mnemonic. This, coincidentally, is the one with the two directions of fountains. 
Counterclockwise, the fountain points to Burgundy or France, ie the Fleur de Lys is the mnemonic here. This one then points to Portugal/Spain with the spring deity mnemonic. That one points to Italy/Sicily with the container. 
I think the other direction of Azov points to Italy/Sicily in the clockwise direction because it is the first one of the other three you can get to after going the Asia/Africa route, plus the other two will lead you there also. 'All water leads to Rome' has come up before in the representation of the lakes on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. and especially f84v. 
So, this map of Europe, if you will, is east up, with Azov being the easternmost point, Burgundy being north, Spain/Portugal being west, and Italy/Sicily being south.

Hi, Linda! To be honest, I have a vague idea of such a map. Everything is too conventional, more conventional than even in the T / O map. And my point was that: one figure - one fontain - one direction. I will show below.
And coincidentally (?) the above person in the picture on the next page is also the only one breaking the pattern.
In your picture, everybody is looking to their right, exept the upper guy, who looks left. In the next picture, everybody looks towards the reader, exept the upper guy who shows his back.
Do you see a connection here?
(04-01-2021, 01:29 PM)Tobias Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.And coincidentally (?) the above person in the picture on the next page is also the only one breaking the pattern.
In your picture, everybody is looking to their right, exept the upper guy, who looks left. In the next picture, everybody looks towards the reader, exept the upper guy who shows his back.
Tobias, thank you for your observations! 
These details really can be connected. First of all, as you pointed out, these images are on the neighboring pages. I think that exactly the Moon is a link between these two diagrams. The first diagram can be related to soli-lunar tides, and, possibly, the next diagram depicts the same aspect. I'm not sure that this are the four lunar phases, but I'm not ready to propose something better for now.
The three figures on f86v follows counterclockwise the same as the three fontains, and the upper figure is directed clockwise the same as the fontain next to it. I don't know whether it can be expained as direction of the flows. Medieval theories as for the tides were quite erroneous or even fantastic in their most part.
(04-01-2021, 01:29 PM)Tobias Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.And coincidentally (?) the above person in the picture on the next page is also the only one breaking the pattern.

The second picture seems to be representations of harvest within watery mountains. Seems like the connection to the plants.
Split this thread since there was a separate discussion about this diagram.

Why do you call them fountains though? To me these look like billowing sails (wind diagrams?). Check the white "opening" in the bottom, the trail of fabric at the end, the overall billowing shape.

[attachment=5099]
(05-01-2021, 02:36 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Split this thread since there was a separate discussion about this diagram.
Why do you call them fountains though? To me these look like billowing sails (wind diagrams?). Check the white "opening" in the bottom, the trail of fabric at the end, the overall billowing shape.
Thanks for split, Koen!
All the names that we give are very conditional. Let it be a fountain, current or sail, it doesn't matter to me. I would even call it a ponytail if that would explain its location, position and direction in the diagram.
I have a question about the number of the folio presented by @Searcher. Is it not f85r2 ?
Sorry, guys, I'm not sure I see anything, in particular. Maybe it's the light at the end of the tunnel. Maybe it's a flourish of fabric, a silken or mystical veil. Notice how unequal they are with the parts that are inside the text band. Each one is that way. Does it mean anything? Does every thing in the VMs have a meaning and origin that is significant and relevant to the purpose of this manuscript's creation? And more importantly, is that purpose expository - intended to explain ideas and beliefs? Or is there something more? Is the expository appearance a pretext and pretense, a false façade meant to disguise some ulterior purpose? Furthermore, what would be the nature of such a 'purpose' and how might it be accomplished. And furthermore, how could it do so in a manner which a lot of diligent investigation has failed to translate into the language of your choice?

Besides the VMs language, there are VMs illustrations. How are they interpreted? Is there a connection between the illustrations and the language and what is the nature of that connection? Could illustrations guide the discovery of language in the VMs?

How is it that these VMs illustrations take on the 'presumption' of meaning? And though it is potentially worthwhile to look into new areas of investigation, it may also be useful to consider past discoveries more thoroughly where their provenance tends to converge. [What happened to the 'curated threads'?]
(05-01-2021, 08:09 PM)bi3mw Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I have a question about the number of the folio presented by @Searcher. Is it not f85r2 ?

Yeah it is, I will update the thread title. Admittedly, folio numbers are tricky here.
Pages: 1 2