The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Sci-Fi short story by Harry Turtledove
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A friend who shares my enthusiasm for classical SF and knows of my interest for the VMS sent me a link to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., a recent short story by Harry Turtledove.

If you like the genre and you don't expect plausibility and 100% accuracy, it is very enjoyable.

Dr. Feyrouz Hanafusa is a curator at Yale in the 23rd century. Space exploration is still ongoing, and signs of life have been discovered on a planet near TRAPPIST-1. Signs, Dr. Hanafusa realizes, that suspiciously resemble drawings in the Voynich manuscript, which no one has been able to decipher for over eight hundred years.
Nice little story, thanks for the link. :-)
Well, not that I liked it ... I prefer more intrigue and unexpected turns.

Quite often, I also have a flash of thought to write some story about the Voynich manuscript, but my reverent and serious attitude
to it keeps me from fake imaginative stories. I believe everyone would want to write a genuine one. Plus, I'm afraid I'll end up criticizing myself.  Smile
I am a big SF fan. I loved this, particularly the little touches like the cat called Wilfred!