The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: The Voynich MS *CAN* be read
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By now, there are probably more Youtube videos about the Voynich MS than any single person can collect, see and digest. I am certainly not a great fan of such videos.

By chance, I bumped into this one:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I did not watch more than 2-3 minutes of it - I found it a bit boring, though with one exception!

There are several shots of the MS, from which it seems clear that, at the right illumination and viewed from the right angle, a cleartext appears. See for example from 0:55 to 1:05 in the video....

The narrator does not seem to notice it.

(I am not sure if this has been discussed before, and I am also not sure if I should watch the video till the end to know more about it).
*sigh* riiiiight
I'm wondering how they did that. It is clearly typeset text in an old-style font and clearly readable ("end of May", "with dew").

It almost looks like it was done with a projector, shining reversed text (white on transparent rather than black). Then, around 1:18 it's dark on light instead of light on dark and there are images, some from eastern culture, superimposed on the left. I guess the light-on-dark appearance in the earlier frames might be an illusion, from the way the light shines on the medium-dark text.

The whole thing has the look of altered-art books.

Ah... now that I've seen a few more frames... it appears to be 3d rendered.
So it is a palimpsest after all. 

This would have been better kept for April fools, René!
What they did is a kind of humour I really appreciate.

(Caveat: I really did not watch most of the video, so I don't know if they refer to it at all)
A thread by Rene with the title "The Voynich MS *CAN* be read" literally made my heart jump.
To be honest I hadn't seen that the thread was made by René at first and I thought I'd have to ban Stellar again. 
(10-10-2020, 09:18 PM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.a cleartext appears. 

The text appears to be this: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. from a book of alchemical recipes: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

[Image: Alchemy-Digby-RareSecrets.png]
when you realise what the VMS is, it become clear that it is much more beautiful than you could imagine
(03-01-2021, 08:05 AM)Pythagoras Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.when you realise what the VMS is, it become clear that it is much more beautiful than you could imagine

Without knowing what you realise, i do agree with that statement.