The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: D'Imperios' PTAH
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In this article, which imho is definitely worth a read.

"An Application of PTAH to the Voynich Manuscript by Mary E. D'Imperio"

D'Imperio discusses anaylsis of the VMS using the PTAH statistical method  but "The technique itself and its uses are classified" Ninja Ninja

One reference is "R. L. Cave and L. P. Neuwirth. "Hidden Markov Models of English, 1969"

So it appears the from the article that PTAH is some kind of Hidden Markov Model with additional bells and whistles.

Doing some quick SE checks around the web hoping the NSA may have declassified PTAH revealed nothing.

I was wondering if anyone knows anything about PTAH ?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Hi RobGea,
According to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. paper from 2019 which discusses the Voynich and HMM, PTAH is still classified. I don't know anything more about it, sorry!
(06-09-2020, 05:39 PM)RobGea Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I was wondering if anyone knows anything about PTAH ?

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I do not currently have any additional information about what this analysis might be. If l see anything l will post.

However, l did want to comment that this is one example of data (positive, not negative - like - no matches have been found) that supports a conclusion that the VM is not a 1:1 cipher.  I like that the data involves single glyph patterns, whole words, and clusters of glyphs patterns.

I read this a few weeks back - but hadn’t been seeking this specific kind of info at the time.  Thanks for bringing it back up.
I found this paper a fascinating read, especially the finding that groups of words (i.e. phrases, as opposed to words or glyphs) could be significant and that this could be related to early Roman Catholic Church ciphers.

I would love to know more about the latter, Ptah or no. Can we identify some of the suspicious phrases?

I need to re-read this, it's pushing the limits of my understanding so far.