The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: New video about the Voynich Manuscript
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The popular YouTube channel called "The Infographics Show" recently released an episode about the Voynich Manuscript:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

I thought it was surprisingly good, and covers some of the recent academic debates over various theories.
And calls Dr. Davis the "reigning queen of academic burns".   Big Grin
Oops, more misinformation being broadly disseminated on the Web.

Turing never saw or worked on the VMS. Someone misread the title of an academic paper that includes his name and made the incorrect assumption that Turing was involved.
Yes, we discussed that Turing matter the other day.
It is not surprising that Turing couldn't decipher the Voynich manuscript given that Einstein, Champollion, Jesus and Harry Potter also couldn't decipher it.
Wait, really? That's hilarious. I might put that on my CV, actually...
(15-05-2020, 04:49 PM)LisaFaginDavis Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Wait, really? That's hilarious. I might put that on my CV, actually...

It's frankly inspiring to watch you — unfailingly politely — set boundaries with people whose sense of personal and professional boundaries is clearly lacking.
(15-05-2020, 05:14 PM)RenegadeHealer Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
(15-05-2020, 04:49 PM)LisaFaginDavis Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Wait, really? That's hilarious. I might put that on my CV, actually...

It's frankly inspiring to watch you — unfailingly politely — set boundaries with people whose sense of personal and professional boundaries is clearly lacking.

That's very kind! Thank you.