The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: 9 Rosette line patterns
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
On the "rays" on the 9 Rosette page we see 4 different designs. I have attached images of 3 of these designs. I wonder if they have a meaning/interpretation or not. I have an interpretation for the other top rays containing circles.

There is a V shape pattern, a sloped line pattern and a flat line pattern.

There are other styles of line pattern elsewhere on the page, but I have my theory of those.
Did you read the posting: Central Rosette: converging or diverging ?  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Have a look You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
The Rosettes page contains many different patterns. Maybe we should create a universal thread for discussion of all the Rosettes page patterns in complex, not separately for every single pattern?

It is not a secret that the interpretations of some of them are known, since they are quite common for manuscripts of that time. In the case of the patterns of different types of lines that you mentioned, it can be assumed that they are unique in design, at least before similar patterns with an explicit meaning or with a written explanation are found. What can be said for sure is that the differences in the pattern should indicate the differences in the depicted. It can be different liquids, properties or elements that either visually don't have big differences, or the author does not want to show these visual differences to prevent their identification. Of course, there is always the possibility that patterns play only a decorative role, but personally I doubt it. 
I think the central rosette represents the mix of air, water, stone (earth) and light (fire), so I don't exclude that those four streams are the four flows of elements depicted with simplified patterns.
Apart from the Covid-19 threat, we all share the same sky, a sky that with the naked eye is the same that humanity has always seen, also the author or authors of the VM.
  I suggest that all forum members look tonight the sky, if the clouds allow. You will see stars, the crescent Moon and the planet Venus to the West, the brightest object.

Venus shines but does not twinkle. The fixed stars do twinkle. They seem to emit signals, send a flow to Earth. This seems like a trivial observation, but for me it is what we see in the Rosette of the VM: flows that the stars send to the Earth
I thought I recognized this from somewhere. The rosettes foldout is like 50% roofs...

[attachment=4329]

Source: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

(Also check the text on that page, it uses "oooooo" for padding).
Not "o", that's rather something like multiplicated "8" or infinity signs.
Nice catch, Koen. Very nice. And it flows well with the rosettes-folio tent themes.
There are definitely some striking similarities.The "missing +" style border is very reminiscent of the kind of borders that we see in the Voynich. I am not keen on the "tents" theory, though some ceilings I do support.
I can see this as possibly being a design influence though much less likely a contents influence.

It would be interesting to know if these are common design features and motifs or are largely unique to this manuscript.
Pages: 1 2 3