The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Questions for Alain Touwaide
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Quote:Dear Mr Gheuens,

Thanks for your message. I have noticed indeed that incorrect information is circulating about my October 14 talk.  I'll be happy to answer your questions in writing, via email. If you want to send me a list of such questions, please, do feel free to do so. This email address is correct.

Looking forward to hearing from you, many thanks.

Best wishes

[font=Garamond, Georgia, serif]Alain Touwaide
[/font]

You know what this means guys! Let's decide which questions I'll send to Touwaide.
My question: Do you think that the VMS is rather a composite manuscript of the early 15th century or a forgery of the modern era ?
How does his idea of a iatrosophion differ from a later medieval notebook such as a family handbuch? Does he see Greek influences in the vm or is this just a concept he used to illustrated the idea? 
(04-11-2019, 07:47 PM)bi3mw Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.My question: Do you think that the VMS is rather a composite manuscript of the early 15th century or a forgery of the modern era ?

Something along these lines must certainly be asked, and it is probably the most important thing we'd like to hear some extra info about.
(04-11-2019, 08:59 PM)Koen G Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Quote:My question: Do you think that the VMS is rather a composite manuscript of the early 15th century or a forgery of the modern era ?
Something along these lines must certainly be asked, and it is probably the most important thing we'd like to hear some extra info about.
Alan also leaves open the possibility that it is a 17th or 18th century forgery. I think the real question is along the lines of "Do you think this is a late medieval manuscript created in good faith or one that was created at a later date with a specific intent to deceive?"
Should I explicitly mention SantaColoma's theory in this context?
Prof Touwaide bought the subject up, and it is commonly known as the SantaColoma modern forgery theory, so I can't see why not. Note that he did not endorse it, but he has seen fit to mention it.
(04-11-2019, 09:14 PM)davidjackson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Prof Touwaide bought the subject up, and it is commonly known as the SantaColoma modern forgery theory, so I can't see why not. Note that he did not endorse it, but he has seen fit to mention it.
Let's clear the possible misunderstanding between "modern" (16th century +) and 20th century.
Agreed David and Nablator. We better be as clear and concrete as possible.

Since this is our chance to get these answers directly from Touwaide in writing, I think I should also add something like:

Do you think a more traditional herbal manuscript was used as a source for the VM plant images? If so, are there any indications for the type of manuscript that could have been used?
Nice. What a top chap.
Ask him if the presentations where he gave his talk are going to be published.
Pages: 1 2