The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Revisiting f46v
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was wondering whether a similar strategy David used on the "coins" folio could be applied to understand You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. (with the bird root). 
I'm pretty certain that the bird represents the Holy Spirit (it's even got the halo) with "God rays" is it descends. Within the Arma Christi mindset I saw this most logically referring to Pentecost, when the Spirit descended on the 11 remaining apostles.

But the rest of the plant is hard to understand in this context. However... if we apply his suggestion of converting flower counts to bible verse, we get a clear 1:7.
[attachment=3137]

Here's Mark 1:7-10.

Quote:7 And this was [John the Baptist's] message: “After me comes the one more powerful than I, the straps of whose sandals I am not worthy to stoop down and untie. 8 I baptize you with water, but he will baptize you with the Holy Spirit.” 9 At that time Jesus came from Nazareth in Galilee and was baptized by John in the Jordan. 10 Just as Jesus was coming up out of the water, he saw heaven being torn open and the Spirit descending on him like a dove. ”

What do the leaves look like?

[attachment=3138]

There's also the flower stalk shaped like a shepherd's crook, but this is harder to explain. John the Baptist was often given a staff, but this was one with a cross on top. I found only one image where he has a shepherd's crook (though many where he is holding a lamb). This 6th century mosaic You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

In summary: does this folio refer to the baptism of Christ?

[attachment=3139]
Ah, maybe it is the Holy Spirit. I've been thinking angel (bird was my second choice but it always felt more like angel than bird to me the way it was positioned).

In medieval illustrations, the Holy Spirit is kind of a cross between a bird (the icon often used to represent it) and an angel, so maybe they both play into it somehow.