The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Anton Alipov on the Voynich Manuscript and the Voynich Ninja
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been recently interviewed by You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view., and today the You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. was published.

I apologize that I do not present any solution, but may I be excused by the plain fact that I don't have one.

The interview is published in Russian so far, but I'm told that it will be translated into English, French and Catalan. I will bump this thread up when that happens.

Meanwhile Google translator produces a somewhat clumsy (many proper nouns are distorted, in particular), but overall so-so readable, translation.

A question may arise why we do not discuss the recent Dr. Cheshire's solution - no hidden agenda in that, just the interview took place a few days before that.
"co-founder of the first Manuscripts Forum of Researchers Anton Alipov"

Sounds important Big Grin

Looks like you did a good job, Anton!
Well, originally it says "co-founder of the first forum of researchers of the Voynich Manuscript" - as I said, automatic translation is clumsy.

If anything needs clarification for non-Russian speaking readers, I'll be happy to explain correct translations here. Dunno when they will officially translate the stuff.
Quote:A question may arise why we do not discuss the recent Dr. Cheshire's solution - no hidden agenda in that, just the interview took place a few days before that.

Actually I included a brief reference in one place to "proto-romance" Wink , but that was on post-editing stage, and there was really no opportunity to include a broader discussion. I must say that the website was very kind in terms of the interview size - which we by far exceeded, but they gave consent to that, as they agreed that the VMS topic is quite interesting to very broad audience.
Cool!
Well done Anton!
So refreshing to read something reasonable about the Voynich manuscript amidst the usual sensationalism.
I very much hope that this interview, when it's translated into English, will help to promote our forum.

Indeed, just browsing through the forum for a week to fill knowledge gaps and posting one's considerations to receive critique from the community would prevent many sensationalisms to appear in media, in the first place.

And, as some our participants (you know who you are) have been studying the VMS literally for decades, they would quickly pinpoint when someone tries to reinvent the wheel.
English translation is now made available: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

Not perfect (sheet instead of folio Sick ), but overall readable.
Not to be rude but you look about 12 in that photo!  Big Grin
But a good interview, well done.
(05-06-2019, 09:33 PM)davidjackson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Not to be rude but you look about 12 in that photo!  Big Grin
But a good interview, well done.

Why, I'm not three score and ten yet... but the fact is that they asked an HD photo, so we just went to a park and made one... I did not seek to look exceedingly formidable Tongue
LOL!!   Big Grin