The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: 9 rosette castle location
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The 9 rosette folio castle depiction with mountain and waterways (3rd circle top) is very similar to the hill top Castle of Nafpaktos in Greece. They also found a Turkish bath house during excavtions. 
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.

including the wall and tower at the end of the long wall to the harbor

Some pictures still show the V shaped walls that have not crumbled.
I spent a long time looking for castles and I learned that there are thousands and thousands of hilltop castles and thousands more that have been destroyed or rebuilt over the centuries, often many times.
(13-05-2019, 08:37 PM)-JKP- Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.I spent a long time looking for castles and I learned that there are thousands and thousands of hilltop castles and thousands more that have been destroyed or rebuilt over the centuries, often many times.

Very true. With the Greece reference in the Voynich on page 1, and talking about coastal areas and islands, helped a bit on location. The walls go in a circular pattern down to the harbor and have a square wall with tower at the waterway, which is shown in the illustration. Also as the words spiral starting in the wall and towards the center, so do the stone walls or route to the top. Just something to look at and ponder.
The spiral is one of the reasons I thought it might be the island of Nisida (which also used to have a castle like that and curved walls to either side). Nisida has a path leading down and around to the small harbor, which is a crater in the middle of the island facing the sea.

VViews posted a blog that indicates those stars in Rotum 3 might be nautical symbols and I think it's possible (it's also possible they are plants... or stars, but water is certainly a possibility).