The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: New Voynich Blog as of May
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Every few months, I do a quick Google search to see if there are any new proposed "solutions". I didn't see any, but I noticed this...

A new blog on the VMS.

I tried to read a few paragraphs, but much of it is initial impressions (I didn't see anything new or provocative) and it's somewhat verbose, but there may be some who would like to keep up with the various opinions that are posted, and perhaps in time (as the person gets to know the VMS) it will become more interesting, so I'll link it here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
Interesting, will read soon. Somehow I feel like I've been on this blog before, though I can't remember how or why. Apparently he only started writing about the VM recently.

Anyway, good to have some new Voynich blogging to read, since much of the blogosphere still lies dormant.
It's really like 10 words about the manuscript for each 100 words of text. Anyway, as I read through it, here's some quotes that stand out:

Quote:Before I go on any further, what I have already uncovered within the Manuscript itself, is a very controversial subject, and this Manuscript reveals a very controversial text, that can be perceived as blasphemy to some [...] Given the age, the controversy, the Documentaries made on the subject, and a lot of further associations, I now feel a sense of obligation, which I really did not want, nor asked for.

That's quite the collection of red flags there, but okay, benefit of the doubt.

Quote:For those not knowing what a millennia stands for, one millennia equals 1000 years.
Huh

Quote:To save you the reader from continuing any further down a topic of discussion that you may not handle, I’m given you full warning now; this Manuscript is completely Biblical in nature.

Okay so it's getting worse as I read on. He thinks the manuscript is not original because the numbers have been added later, gets a bit conspiracy-theory-like about some scans which are only available in black and white (??)

He does present some well made images suggesting that the map is supposed to be seen in three vertical tiers:
[Image: TM-7.png?resize=300%2C276]

But that's about all I got from it...
Although the cycle of those blog posts is not without some logical conclusions, in general, it is talking about nothing. I don't like such a manner: too much of vapidity and preliminary defence from critical comments.
Moved to News.