The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Facsimile copy arrives!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
My copy of the voynich, as edited by Siloe, has arrived. Dropped off personally by Pablo from Siloe this morning as he passed my front door, which was nice.
I'm going to do a video showing the real thing so that viewers can understand its dimensions and look. 
Any particular questions you'd like addressed?
(28-04-2018, 05:22 PM)davidjackson Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. Any particular questions you'd like addressed?

Are you rich? Big Grin

Some actual questions:
* If you compare a page from the facsimile to a digital scan we're all used to, how accurate would you say it is? Specifically the writing and the drawings?
* Are the colors comparable to those of the scans?
* Notice anything that's not visible in the scans but shows up in the facsimile?

Most important question: do you think they got things that are hidden under the folds in the scans? For example, the tip of the elephant's trunk on You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. ?
There are more folds to check of course.
Ha ha. 
The accuracy is amazing. I've only spent a little time with it so far  but the reproduction appears to be perfect. Remember that Yale approved this copy to be used as an official study aid. I've randomly dipped into it and compared with the scans - from lines in plants to the stands of hair in the nymphs to the words, all correspond. 
I would say that the scans have been slightly improved digitally. The colours are more vibrant on the scans. But the book is more authentic. You could indeed imagine it to be hundreds of years old. 
Your last questions merge  Checking with the elephant I see a bit of its trunk is not visible in the scans. We have another finger appear, then the trunk continues down. For some reason  the ink outline does not c continue down the right of trunk. This suggests to me that the original page was drawn once bound, contrary to other pages that extend over the binding boundary
Can this be used as evidence of stitching, etc, to nail the order of the folios finally and properly?
Today, Siloé were awarded a prize by the Spanish ministry for education, culture and sport, to have published one of the best books in 2017 (namely in the category of facsimiles).

I have only seen a couple of short notices about this online, e.g.:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.