The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: The Voynich Hotel Manga
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So apparently there's a Japanese manga called The Voynich Hotel.

Synopsis:

"Welcome to the Voynich Hotel, a rundown resort located on an all but deserted island in the South Pacific. Owned by former Mexican wrestler Kandre Umeda, the hotel is maintained by two mysterious maids, Elena and Beluna, as well as a homicidal chef named Amelia.
Kuzuki Taizou, a Japanese tourist, comes to stay at the hotel to escape from his dark past. Soon he discovers that the strange occupants and happenings of the island are even more abnormal than what he is used to. Taizou quickly becomes embroiled in the spiderweb of affairs on the island, growing close to many of the residents and helping them out, though often causing even more problems for himself. But when Taizou's past comes to the island to haunt him, his new friends jump to his aid.
" (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.)

So far, there are only fan-made translations (for example You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. ; the texts are translated but the layout is still right to left, so takes some getting used to) but it has been licensed to Seven Seas Entertainment who will be releasing an official English language version in June 2018.

I don't really know if any part of it has anything to do with the manuscript, but perhaps that gets revealed in one of the chapters.

[Image: 5580ab07eea9bf71b1f8bc0d733caaf3e56f94df_00.jpg]
Those nymphs have been sexed up a bit!
This is manga. Those nymphs are probably a demon and a boy in a dress.
I'm more concerned about that bloke in the painting. Makes Peter Cushing look positively alive!
I just got through binge-reading it all last night...
Spoilers ahead:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
It's a bit understandable, I've always found that there is some intrinsic sinister sound to the name "Voynich". Kind of like the word "eldritch".