The Voynich Ninja

Full Version: Mystery page
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is this?

I've never seen it before.

The text looks real (although the last two lines are a bit small compared to the rest).

The green paint looks real, as does the band around the "tub" both top and bottom.

Parts of the nymphs look real.

But...

The top of the "canopy" (the part to the right of the scaly texture) and the steel-blue paint look totally fake. Parts of the "barrels" (the brown paint) and most parts of the goblet-like tub look totally fake.

It's like it was a half-finished page that someone tried to doctor and removed because it failed. There's no folio number even though it appears to be the right side of a folio.

Why has this never came up on the forum? Has it been discussed elsewhere?

What the heck is it? Who has it? Has the other side been digitized?

[Image: VMSMysteryPagesm.png]
Looks like a photoshop project, partially made by copy pasting parts from other pages, partially manipulated. Well done overall. The goblet is out of character though, and the fade on the top part is not realistic.

Someone put a lot of work into this. For example, the first word is copied from You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.
[Image: image.jpg?q=f58r-931-621-156-105]

And the first one of the second paragraph is from f5v.
[Image: image.jpg?q=f5v-655-287-163-104]
Oh and the damage on the bottom is taken from f1r, but mirrored
It's interesting that someone would try to mimic it and then people who have studied the VMS immediately say the goblet is out of character (my impression too, I heartily agree).

I didn't glance through the manuscript to see where the nymphs came from. Been up all night working, too tired.

Actually, even the page layout doesn't feel quite right even though thematically SOME of it works.
The nymphs are the interesting part. At least a few of them definitely do not come from the MS (or have been manipulated to the extent that they have become unrecognizable). So at least some artistic skill went in there as well.
This is from some online game. It was discussed at least once in the old mailing list.

Even the wormholes have been copied from one of the original folios.
where does it come from?
(20-12-2017, 09:15 PM)voynichbombe Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.where does it come from?

It came up on a Google Image search and I did a double-take because I'm constantly searching and in all these years I've never seen it before even though many searches that are not VMS-related bring up VMS hits. I usually exclude Pinterest from my searches because it puts a barrier between me and the original site, but this time I forgot.

I clicked it, then searched again and there were about four hits this time (can't remember what I searched to get more of them, I was half asleep when I found it). One of the sites presented it as if it were a real page (as if they had grabbed it along with other images without knowing it wasn't one of the regular pages).

The one seen here came from JJBunn's post on Pinterest, but the original has been deleted. The one shown is from Pinterest's image cache.
Julian may remember the details better. It was a document that had to be 'found', or played some other role, in an internet game. It was put together by someone managing the game. I didn't pay too much attention.
At this time, but also at the time when Fabrizio Salani first showed his Voynich MS page, one could find a considerable amount of Voynich-inspired art on the net, including modern renditions of individual pages of the MS.
These should still be around.
(21-12-2017, 07:25 AM)ReneZ Wrote: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view.Julian may remember the details better. It was a document that had to be 'found', or played some other role, in an internet game. It was put together by someone managing the game. I didn't pay too much attention.
At this time, but also at the time when Fabrizio Salani first showed his Voynich MS page, one could find a considerable amount of Voynich-inspired art on the net, including modern renditions of individual pages of the MS.
These should still be around.

Only just saw this. 

That image was made for a game called Exoriare ARG (?) I believe, and was discussed on the Voynich mailing list: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login to view. . Folks weren't convinced :-)